Friday, April 15, 2016

Three of Wands - Taking a Moment

Today’s card is the Three of Wands from the Original Rider Waite Tarot. It was a jumper card. I do not always give in to jumper cards because I prefer to pick my daily card myself. Maybe that is a control issue of mine? But for today I decided to go with what fate or the universe had thrown literally in my face.
Original Rider Waite Tarot Three of Wands Ace of Cups
A man is standing on the top of a mountain, watching the ships go by. He is holding one wand in his hand. The other two are standing behind him. He is at ease and content with how things are going. Maybe he reminiscing about how he has left his castle in the Two of Wands and how he has chosen the right idea to act upon. Everything is going smoothly and now he is taking a moment to reassess his options. Where does he want to go from here? What will be his next step? What does he need to let go off and what does he need to pursue further? So many questions to ponder about and I wonder in what direction he is going to move forward. What does he really want to accomplish?
And I pulled the Ace of Cups. This reminds me of how many of us a searching their whole life for the holy grail only to discover this grail was already given to use the day we were born. The Ace of Cups is Love in abundance and teaches us not only to be ruled by the head but also to really listen the whispers of our heart.

So the man is wondering what is that will make him truly happy. What is his heart’s desire? Is it the cargo of his ships or is it to drink from this overflowing cup. Or is it both: living our daily live with Love and kindness in our hearts. …. So many questions… No wonder he is taking a moment to consider what to do next.

10 comments:

  1. Spoken as a true Wise Woman.
    If I get a card that jumps out of the deck I give it some strong consideration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! As you see everybody has their own little habits how to read their cards

      Delete
  2. I don't do jumpers, because I'm such a klutz they happen all the time. :D
    Following one's passion can be a way into the heart, but it's always nice to have someone to share it with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Yes it is, but in this card the guy is still on his own. Maybe his passion will open doors to other people. Just like tarot has given me quite a few online friends which I never would have met if I hadn't bought my first tarot deck :)

      Delete
  3. I don't normally do jumpers either...only because I've rather clumsy while shuffling (and with other things too!) In most cases it is probably my error rather than the card needing attention. Lol! But anyway...you got a great reading from your cards today. I think your interpretation makes a lot of sense! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't have a lot of jumpers. Not that I am not clumsy but I shuffle always extra carefully because of a "traumatic" accident I had a long time ago with a brand new deck: while riffle shuffling it, I bent one card in half :(

      Delete
  4. Ahhh, these are lovely words, Ellen: "how many of us are searching their whole life for the holy grail only to discover this grail was already given to use the day we were born." I love that <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards, the images on the screen are so vibrant. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I always touch up the brightness and contrast after I've scanned them :)

      Delete