Friday, April 22, 2016

Flooded with memories all over again

Gaia Oracle Remembrance
This week I am working with  a “card of the week”, namely the Five of Cups. I am not quite sure if this was such a  wise experiment. Although I do not believe this card was a foreboding  to a depressing week, I do think it is possible to be influenced by the energy of this card.
And so after working a few days with the Five of Cups I think I was rather susceptible for a not so pleasant mood swing caused by some family matters. I felt rather down and I didn’t feel like doing anything at all. I wasn’t planning to blog today either  but then I pulled “Remembrance” from The Gaia Oracle and when I read the guidebook, I knew this was the perfect card for me today and I felt called to write this post anyway. The keywords of this card are: Resurfacing of past feelings and emotions.
And a very fitting part from the guidebook is: “This card signifies that past feelings and emotions are resurfacing from deep within you and you may find yourself on an emotional roller coaster over the coming days. Do not fight it, this is all fine. It is important to occasionally remember and honor your past, for it is part of you and part of your soul’s journey.
Now this is exactly how I felt these past two days. Sometimes memories come flooding back and can overwhelm  you and although the first instinctual reaction might be to run away to safe and higher grounds,  there is actually nothing to be afraid of. They are just memories and yes they can cause grief and pain again and again but this experience also signifies that you are not done with them yet. Each time when you get washed over by these memories, it will be different and  perhaps a little bit less scary. And remember the waves always will bring you back to the seashore again, where you can bask in the sunlight to dry up and warm yourself….. and rest
Affirmation:
 I bless my past and I am grateful for every experience,
for every experience has helped me expand my understanding of love.
My life is forever unfolding as it should; the past, the present and the future are one.
I honor and respect my feelings and emotional, for they are part of my story.

15 comments:

  1. Sometimes those memories can trigger emotions that make it feel like it is happening all over again. But even if it is similar, we are wiser from having gone through what we did. (((E)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, Luckily this time around I knew what had to be done and how to be gentle and take care for myself. I am almost dry and warm again :)

      Delete
  2. Sometimes it is good to visit the past. We have to look back to see how far we have traveled. The trick is not to stay in the past. Good or not so good, the past is not where we belong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it also helps us to understand where we are today and what is still preventing us to move forward. Past, present and future are all part of our story :)

      Delete
  3. Oracle cards sure have a way of hitting home sometimes. I've had multiple occasions where the description in an Oracle's guidebook had just the right thing to say. I hope these difficult memories pass quickly and happiness returns soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they sure do! I feel a lot better now. Thank you my dear friend :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Am I really ???? or are you talkign about somebody else???

      Delete
  5. Hi Ellen I love this post... I often wonder about being influenced by the cards we are working with when they aren't the "positive" ones. I can only assume that if we are able to call the happy /abundance energy that we want to work with into our lives..then the opposite must also be true... of courseI don't like to think too much about that side of the coin :) I suppose it calls us to be very mindful...and very grounded in our own mindset.

    Thank you for a thought-provoking post :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always that fine line between being influenced by something or being influenced by ourselves. A card can trigger so many emotions. At first I thought the Five of Cups would help me to find out about the content of the two cups behind the figure. And it did but along the way the sadness of the card prevailed...Anyway it did teach me how to overcome this feeling this time :)
      Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!

      Delete
  6. Sometimes learning is hard (says the woman stalked for years by the Tower). It's wonderful that this card helped you to take a step back and acknowledge the feelings you'd been having, and accept them. I loved what you said about the waves eventually bringing you back to the shore. May it be so! )O(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed. Yesterday I thought I'd tackled my issues but today they came bouncing back strong again. Is you Tower issue completely solved or is it dormant for now?

      Delete
    2. Dormant for now... :) Hope you have been retreating and nurturing yourself, Ellen!

      Delete
    3. A time to breath I guess is always welcome :)

      Delete