Saturday, April 2, 2016

Eight of Wands - Keep going, Keep growing

Joie De Vivre Tarot Paulina Cassidy  eight of wandsToday I pulled again the Eight of Wands  from the Joie de Vivre Tarot. Little did I know how it would reveal to me something very important which I wasn’t yet quite fully aware of. At first I felt annoyed; whatever could I write today about this card that I hadn’t wrote already  a few days ago.  Then I thought perhaps I could approach this card from the opposite side; the need to speed up and get things done. Not quite my cup of tea for a day off.  So I pulled another clarifying card and I got the Chariot. Together they felt very determined to get me moving, so I laced my shoes and went for a walk . 
Joie de Vivre Tarot The Chariot Paulina CassidyAfter a short time I reached the park and entered it. Following the path I enjoyed the peace and solitude of my surroundings. Not the silence though, because so many birds where performing their most beautiful songs. I was amazed by the  wonder of nature’s awakening on this spring morning. And then it I hit me. I was walking in a park on my own. Nobody else was there and I wasn’t afraid. I’ve walked  there  a few times more these last two weeks, but I didn’t fully realize this up until now. It was amazing. It is freeing not to need someone to protect me from everything that might happen in this park. After so many years this fearful story has faded away so much that is isn’t able to affect me any longer. This walk has given me back a part of my strength and independence for which I am so grateful. I felt victorious, just like the figure in the Chariot!

One of the pictures I took there today tells the same story: Even from very old wounds can grow new life.

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely thought - to be able not only to heal our wounds, but to grow something new from them! Glad your park experience was such a lovely one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bev, it was amazing to feel safe alone by myself in that park. I never thought I would have the courage to do this ever again. :)

      Delete
  2. I love the picture from the park. I noticed both of your cards are about movement, the rocket ship and Chariot, and by golly a walk in the park is a great way to get your 'move' on. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sometimes the card can be quite literal in their messages.Tarot has good sense of humor

      Delete
  3. Sounds like it turned out to be a wonderful day! The cards always know the right thing to say. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was indeed a great day. Lots of other good things happened also! :)

      Delete
  4. Amazing how thing turn out<3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes is was such a wonderful experience :)

      Delete