Monday, May 21, 2018

The Gardener - A big announcement!

Gaian Tarot The Gardener Joanna Powell Colbert blog blogger
Today's card is the Gardener, aka The Empress, from the Gaian Tarot. This is a card of creativity and abundance and of sensuality and motherhood. I purposely picked this card for today's post because it perfectly illustrates what I am about to tell you.
Two months ago my eldest daughter Sabine and her partner came over to tell me that early November they were going to have a baby. Yes, my dear friends, I am going to be a grandmother or actually, I already am a grandmother. I've seen the first ultrasound of our little one and I have heard the heartbeat. So I feel my granny vibes grow stronger by the day. Next week we will learn if it is going to be a boy or a girl. I am happy either way but it is nice to address the baby with he or she, instead of it. We will also receive the next ultrasound picture. I am looking forward to seeing how our LO has grown.
I always knew they wanted to raise a family but when my SIL gave me a hug that day and said: "hello granny" my knees buckled, my eyes teared up and my world shifted in an instant.  I am so grateful, this little, already so precious baby has come into my life and also how (s)he opens uncharted areas of my heart and soul so effortlessly.

9 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you and your daughter! Grandchildren are fun because you can spoil them and send them home again, lol. What a wonderful new chapter is beginning for you my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bev. It feels sometimes like I am walking on air. I going to spoil this lovely child so much. (Don't tell Sabine :)))

      Delete
  2. wonderful news that a little one who is already wanted and love will enter the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! How super wonderful! The Empress is the perfect card to announce such joyful, exciting news. Blessed Be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carol. I feel indeed very blessed

      Delete
  4. Oh Ellen, what lovely, heart-warming news! Congratulations to you all :)

    ReplyDelete