Monday, October 5, 2015

Struggling with the Knight of Wands

Day 5 My least favorite card. Why? What does it say about me?
Knight of wands

For now I would say this is mostly the Knight of Wands. I find his enthusiasm and high spirited nature annoying. It is often too much and for me too impulsive and exaggerated. People like him tend too draw a lot of attention and not always in a positive; they are loud, bragging and taking unnecessary risks. I know he has a lot of good qualities too but these are the ones that get to me.
Why? probable jealousy, wanting to have the courage to do my own thing no matter what others might think of it. I am often lacking the energy to "go for it" I have a lot of ideas in my mind but too often they stay there gathering dust..
To scared to get on that horse and just ride with my hairs dancing in the wind....

11 comments:

  1. I can understand your feelings about this guy. I want his sense of adventure, but without all the impulsiveness and arrogance. And (the big reason), I don't want my adventure to take me too far out of my comfort zone. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O that dreadful boring comfort zone where would we be without it. My soft blanket when life is it cold and scary :)

      Delete
  2. I love your honesty here, Ellen. Here's to your passionate self riding her horse across the landscape of desire, hair streaming as the wild winds of pure presence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow you paint a beautiful vibrant picture. Big smile on my face. :)

      Delete
  3. The Knight of Wands...emotionally been my downfall in choosing these types for relationships in the past.
    Thank goodness for the wisdom that comes with age and experience. I suspect it is why I'm single, too many of these charmers that talk the talk and that's it!

    I can make my own adventure without too much danger but ain't nothin' wrong with some risk otherwise I'll stay comfortable numb in my oow brain, where I'm stuck, bored and wanting to stay safe.

    These days it's all about the my wow brain! Pleasure, growth, confidence and adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could definitely use a little dose of that wow brain. Not to much; don't want to OD myself on risk and adventure :)

      Delete
    2. No risk of ODing! It's all good!

      Delete
  4. I like how you pulled different version of the Knight from different decks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the MaryEl version....very striking and a far deeper, more subtle power than the traditional Knight. Perhaps that one might be more accessible. Prancing about on horses does seem a bit frivolous ;-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I. I love the fact that it is a bear. Besides being strong and confident they are also protective :)

      Delete