Friday, October 30, 2015

Four of Pentacles - The courage to let go

Crystal Visions Tarot Four of Pentacles Jennifer GalassoAlmost finished. Only one day to go of the Shadow Work October challenge by MnomquahFor today we are asked to revisited how we started out on our journey at  the beginning of this month and try to assess how far we’ve come, what we learned and how much work still lies ahead.

To answer these questions I've picked up my Crystal Visions Tarot (long time no see) and I drew the Four of Pentacles. This card holds the answer to about every aspect of my evaluation. I started this journey scared and insecure. Holding on to anything that would make me feel safe, even if it was preventing me to grow. This month I’ve learned to let go of my anxiety and embrace my inner fire, my creativity again.
Deep in the forest,behind the tree we see an inviting light shining bright. Beneath the tree gems and gold are lying all around, waiting to be admired and played with. All this little faery  has to do is to let go of his pentacles, jump on the ground and see how the magical treasures are freely scattered throughout the forest.

This card is also a warning not to get to attached to my happy feeling and creative flow because then they could easily get calcified as: “this is how it always supposed to be”  It is so tempting for this fairy to try to gather all these crystals and gems and get back into his tree again. For now I hope he will be happy to enjoy watching them, playing with them and keep on walking towards the light in forest, where probable even more shiny precious wonders are to be found.

8 comments:

  1. There is great wisdom in recognizing the mindset of "this is how it's always supposed to be" is a trap; it can keep us from enjoying the knowledge we've discovered along the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that is so true and besides that it also keeps us from experienceing the ups after the downs in life

      Delete
  2. Beautiful. And I agree with the above: it's important not to lock ourselves in to the idea that anything should "always be" a certain way. There is too much ebb and flow in life for that! And without that pressure, you can truly enjoy and appreciate the work you've done this month, and embrace your Knight of Fire in whatever ways that energy manifests for you :) HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and also for your encouragement along the way Olivia! It meant a lot to me to be able to share this experience with you
      HUGS :)

      Delete
  3. Maybe Ellen is actually one of the gems...:)

    Love how you've shared so generously this month. Good work has been done! Hugs to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have such a way with words my dear Rose and there is a lot of truth to be found there. Shadow work is all about living an authentic life: Becoming the real, complete You
      Hugs to you too

      Delete