Thursday, October 8, 2015

Painting Chestnuts

This month the shadow work challenge  on Instagram is taking up a lot of my energy. Although it has been  only eight days ago since we've started, it's been a pretty intense experience so far. It feels like this challenge has entered my life at exactly right moment.
But sometimes I need to take a step aside and do something entirely different otherwise this challenge might get too overwhelming fro me
So I picked up my pens and drew some chestnuts which I colored with watercolors
That sounded so much more easy than it actually was :)
Three days ago I got the idea to make this painting and today I finally did it. I faced my fear of failing and enjoyed the process of making this so much, I thought share this one with you.

13 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful autumn painting - I love chestnuts. :) My hat is off to anyone who can use watercolors to produce such lovely results! It's nice to allow yourself a flexible schedule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bev I am rather pleased with the result myself too :D

      Delete
  2. I love it! I enjoyed your chestnut pics on Instagram. I haven't eaten them in such a long time. It does help to break up the intensity of this challenge with "other" things. I actually did a normal daily draw this morning since today's challenge didn't require us to do a reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this challenge is really something else. I really like that we can share our experiences with one another.
      In between draws are good for breaking the tension too!

      Delete
  3. Lovely. I don't do other people's challenges of any kind. Too restrictive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and yes maybe they are restrictive but they also showing new ways of looking at cards.

      Delete
  4. Your painting is beautiful! I love the autumn colors (my favorite time of year).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thasnk you so and it is my favorite season too!!

      Delete
  5. I love that you're listening to your own inner rhythms and honoring them with space for what wants to come through. Your painting is lovely, Ellen, such a perfect combination of delicacy and earthiness. It's always a treat for your readers when you share your artwork with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rose! Each time I share something I've made I feel more comfortable doing so.:)

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful picture, Ellen! I love chestnuts, and the autumn colours - it's the colour palette that suits my colouring, too, so I always surround myself with them. I notice, too, the spiky outer shell breaking open and revealing the warm insides, and think this is not so far from your shadow challenge - a metaphor in water colours... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed a great metaphor. These chestnuts want to show their beautiful shining hearts and are not afraid to do so :)

      Delete