Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Five of Skulls - Step out of the box

Today’s question from Shadow Work October by Mnomquah  is:

Waxing Moon: What should I attract into my life?

To be honest I was tempted to use a cheerful uplifting oracle deck as an easy way out. I didn’t feel like dealing with a challenging card from one of my darker decks. Writing this down I realized this was the case in my last post too. Maybe after twenty days of shadow work I have become bit anxious to discover what other aspects of me are still hiding in the dark…Anyway I found the courage to pick up the Tarot of Vampyres and yes, I got the Five so Skulls. As the answer to my question this card is telling me to step out of my self inflicted confinements and start tearing down the rigid stifling structures of my life which are obstructing my spiritual growth and  other aspects of my personal development. It is time to stop worrying about things that probably will never happen and to face my inner demons. Look how he is crouching over me, holding me down with his terrifying gaze. The only thing I have to do is get up and look him right in the eyes so he will shrivel up in  pile of dust; poof!
And then, when I am standing there, alone in the cold, then it is time to trust my intuition to lead me where I need to be. To let Spirit guide me. I know the challenge of this card won’t be easy. I am not one to step out the box easily but I feel this is the main message I get from the Work I am doing this month: To embrace my  inner warrior and not to be so afraid of whatever might happen. 

14 comments:

  1. For some reason your post made me think of the myth of Sisyphus, who must exert all his strength to roll a large boulder uphill only to have it roll down again. But as you said, hopefully we begin to question why we are doing something, realize that's not really what we want, and decide to do something different. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today I've walked to the baker's and bought a doughnut which I ate on the way home. This is something I never do and I loved it :)
      Maybe doing something different is like training a muscle: starting with small steps.....

      Delete
  2. You have to get up...before you break your back. What an uncomfortable card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In many ways you shone light on your shadow before even pulling the card simply in your courage to continue working with this deck and challenge. You're to be commended for that, my friend. Pour yourself a nice cup of tea, add some of your favorite chocolate and allow your inner little one a few moments of tenderness and affirmation. This is as much a part of shadow work as the confrontation and an integral part of the work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Rose, I wish you lived nearby. You are such a gentle loving soul. Like now when you are showing me a softer and more compassionate approach, instead of being over conscientious and rigorous and always trying to follow the “rules”
      Thank you and Hugs to you my dear friend

      Delete
    2. We're blog neighbors though and that's something 💕😘

      Delete
  4. Holy crap that's a scary card! If I had drawn that, I'd have put it back in the deck, put the deck back in the box and sold it on eBay. Which I would surely have done immediately after unboxing it, never drawing a card for a reading. I'm squeamish about these things. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha yes it is!! I almost had put it up for sale on our national "Ebay" but then I decide to give it another go and I haven't regretted it so far. It is a very profound deck and the guidebook is more than amazing. :)

      Delete
  5. If you're not careful, Ellen, you may convince me to get this deck (and I simply don't do vampires, you know - LOL). You are doing a lovely job with these questions. I need to give them a try myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe working with these questions on your own is less daunting because than you can take your time and include some breaks if you want to. But if you participate in a challenge you are more inclined to follow "the herd"
      PS why not try the app from Foolsdog first. It includes the cards and the entire book!

      Delete
  6. It's an interesting card, and I love the story that you unfolded from it. I see the woman with blood at her neck, and think this moment we see is hard and painful. But she will rise up from it stronger - turned vampire, able to defend herself, and living a new (un)life. She doesn't yet see that, but it will be an experience that changes her forever :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your take on this card too. if you look at it that way her situation only will improve. Living as a vampire is literally stepping out of the box ! :)

      Delete