Sunday, October 11, 2015

Id ,Ego and Superego Tarot spread

Today I did the assigned spread for the Shadow Work October challenge by @mnomquah 
I’ve used the Tarot of Vampyres by Ian Daniels for this one. We were advised only to use the Major Arcana but in no means we had to go against our intuition so I decided to pull a Minor to accompany each Minor in this spread.

The positions are:

1 Id - Primal desires – your “wild” child

Strength - My inner child is wilder and stronger then I realize. She is totally in sync with her wild side. She powerful, willful and resourceful. She is so eager to be heard and I love her!
+ Prince of Knives – This card emphasizes she can use her wits to get what she wants and she is not afraid to think out of the box

2 Ego – Your practical “grown up” self; reason and self control

High Priestess - Not so practical, this one. I have been doing the practical thing my whole adult life. Let people cross my boundaries. Put everyone problems  before my own. Now it is time to listen to my intuition. Take care of me first. This phase of my life has a very inward focus. Searching for what I really want, need, love; reclaiming bit by bit who I am supposed to be.
+ Nine of Scepters This was such a welcome card. It feels like my “wild” child is surfacing and she is helping me to protect my boundaries, while I am doing this inner work of bringing all parts of me back together again

3 Superego - Your philosophical and spiritual ideals, the "Quest for Perfection"

Justice – Always seeking for balance, finding my center, meaning and purpose. Trying to be fair and just to everyone and now also to myself. Finding  a spiritual path which will keep me balanced when challenges arise
+ Four of Skulls – I have to be mindful not to get caught up in other peoples rules and dogma’s. I have to be my own guide. It is easy to be tempted to follow a set path but I know I am too much of a Hermit to belong to any group or to endorse a religion.

It was a very illuminating reading for me especially about the part of the “wild” child and how she appears as the Nine of Scepters in my daily life. At the end of the reading it struck  me how the subdued energy of the High Priestess is surrounded by much more vibrant cards 
I guess there is a whole lot more going on under the surface then I realized. I do enjoy this Challenge so much! 

Id ego superego tarot spread

13 comments:

  1. A Freudian tarot spread! :D You seem to have a nice balance between the inward focused and outward focused cards. Lovely photo of your spread!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very pleased with the cards myself too!:)

      Delete
  2. I love that you have the fire of Strength at the core of your being, beautiful! It is really interesting to learn these hidden yet vibrant truths about ourselves:-) This was quite the enlightening spread. I'm really enjoying the expressiveness of this deck <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hesitated between using this one or the Deviant Moon. I am so glad I picked this one for all the reasons you've mentioned. :)

      Delete
  3. What a great spread! And I love how you added the Minors to it, showing the day-to-day ways these archetypes play out in us. Lots of strong female energy in this reading. I think I'm going to try this one out for myself so thanks, Ellen, for sharing! And here's to the Strength of your inner wild child!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rose. Sometimes the cards only have to affirm what we already know deep down inside.
      I hope this spread will be as revealing fro you as it was for me :)

      Delete
  4. Did you know you were linked on Benebell Wen's blog October 10 post? Check your stats, I'll guess they just went through the roof

    http://benebellwen.com/intermittent-thoughts/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very introspective and illuminating interpretation Ellen... you wild child! :) but not too wild!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No let's not forget the Justice card! Everything in the right balance :)

      Delete
  6. I love what you say under the High Priestess about reclaiming who you are. Humbug to supposed to be - there are no rules ;) This seems like a very profound challenge, glad you are getting so much from it! Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This challenge is indeed like Olivia mentioned "not for the faint of heart". Some very deep buried stuff is coming to the surface but in a manageable way (until now :D)
      Hugs

      Delete
    2. Glad it feels manageable and enlightening. Hugs!

      Delete