Friday, January 20, 2017

Thurisaz and Two of Wands - The Gate will wait one moment more

Wild Unknown Tarot Runes Two of Wands Thurisaz
Today’s rune is Thurisaz (thorn, gate, giant). For today I wanted to highlight the meaning of Gateway. Often  a gateway holds the promise of something new. This could be a.o: a new opportunity, a challenge or perhaps a new insight. In my case it is often fear which prevents me from walking through this kind of gates. I also realize that this fear prevents me from having new experiences, meeting new people and broadening my spiritual beliefs. So for today I asked my cards what might be a beneficial way for me to approach such a gate.
And I got the Two of Wands from The Wild Unknown Tarot . In this depiction we see the moment just before the two wands touch each other and call for action. Notice how they almost form a gate themselves. When we dare to go through this gate it might open up so many colorful opportunities for us. This is the moment to focus, to consider, and weigh our options carefully. What will be the reward of going through the gate? What could be the worst thing that could happen? Where does my fear come from ? More than often we learn that our fear to go through the gate has nothing to do with this particularly situation. Most of our fears originate  from very long ago.  But since each gate holds a promise and a risk, it is up to use to find out if the promise is worth taking the risk.
So it is advisable to take a moment and really assess the situation and then our wands can come together and give direction and focus to our journey and we will continue to walk out path and whether we got through the gate or not it is still our path.

“Still round the corner there may wait, A new road or a secret gate.” J. R. R. Tolkien

11 comments:

  1. We seem to both be faced with choices today! It is so easy for me to stay in my little cocoon instead of explore other possibilities. It is a "thorny" situation. :) I often find myself settling for what is instead of what could be because I assume the worst instead of the best. If you don't put on your explorer's boots, then perhaps you could have a look through some binoculars at what could be! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Again we are indeed a lot alike. What is, feels so familiar and safe. My mind urges me to stay there but my soul gets curious sometimes. I did buy some new glasses recently :D

      Delete
  2. Those two wands look like the long view of a runway. Take off for a new adventure? I'd say if you were looking for a launching pad or launch date for a new project, the time is now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fortunately I don't see this as predictive because then I would have to dig my heels out of the sand.:) I am just exploring the parameters a bit :D

      Delete
  3. We are certainly on the cusp of a new challenge here in the U.S....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My heart goes out to all of you who are afraid of what the future might bring to your country

      Delete
  4. maybe those aren't wands but the marks your heals have dug in the sand. Is the perspective how far you've come or how much further you have to drag yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't think of anyone else who could have thought of this, but you!! :D

      Delete
  5. That point of space where the two Wands have yet to touch feels so potent. Perhaps it is only in allowing ourselves to be touched, to be vulnerable that a gateway is opened. Such an experience speaks to intention and leaves room for grace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you open yourself up to "what is" maybe "what will be" wont be scary anymore because it is nothing else but the next "what is" :)

      Delete
  6. Lovely post. It's wonderful how these two came up in the same pull, a true connection of gateway and taking the first steps through it. It must be in the air. My mind formed an image of the Crossroads Lenormand card this morning. And then, I found myself reading your post of decisions and gateways. Have a great weekend. Let's take a small step through the gateway, see what's on the other side. :)

    ReplyDelete