Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Fehu and The Star – Gratitude for feeling good

Today’s Rune is Fehu (cattle or "vee" in Dutch),the first rune of the Elder Futhark. This rune stands for wealth, happiness, creativity and the physical manifestation of everything good. So in what area of my life might this energy of Fehu come into play? After giving my new edition of the Wild Unknown Tarot a thorough shuffle, I pulled The Star. This is one of the most  beautiful cards in any deck. It is the card of Hope and Renewal after the devastating  force of The Tower.  But what does this spiritual Card has to do with Fehu?  Then I remembered how I feel when I am standing outside, looking at a starlit winter night sky. The splendor of it all and the promise of hope and fulfilled wishes always give me that deep physical sense of well being. Yes feeling good isn’t always about material things, although you should have seen me yesterday when I got my new deck, but more often it is this deep rooted feeling of gratitude for what we already have and what is making us extremely more happy than anything still on our wishlist.

16 comments:

  1. The Fehu rune almost looks like a person's arms stretched toward the sky in thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a poem this morning about standing outside and counting the stars, and when they are gone, counting the holes. Sometimes we need to keep counting just because.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And don't forget counting your blessings! :)

      Delete
  3. I know that exact feeling you describe, I like to think of is as a feeling of oneness. This is one of my favorite Star cards xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a perfect way to describe it. And I love this depiction of the Star a lot too. Perhaps because it is simply a star and nothing else

      Delete
  4. Ooo, lovely correlation between these two that you have made!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely combination. And yes, noticing when one is feeling good, even simply content, and giving thanks is powerful magic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you think of it we actually need so little to feel good

      Delete
  6. The stars have been extra bright and splendid here this past month. A real joy to see.

    I looked at that deck a few months ago and wasn't sure...but taking my time with your post and the link you sent have helped me see how beautiful it is. It's going on the wishlist...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah!! Now I have become officially an enabler!!!
      You won't regret it. Besides my trusted RWS it is one of my alltime favorite decks.

      Delete
  7. The Wish Card. Make a wish on your Star! That is a really lovely Star card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did and I offer you one as well. Such a big and colorful star can fulfill multiple wishes :)

      Delete
  8. I often connect the Star to healing, and we sometimes struggle to feel good or be creative when we aren't physically well, so I definitely see the link!
    Btw, how is the new edition of the Wild Unknown different to the previous one? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is indeed a most healing card, just like Temperance is too
      It has the same images (some have more coloring) as the second edition and the cardstock is thinner but still perfect quality in my opinion

      Delete