Saturday, January 7, 2017

Nine of Wands – Guarding our space and time

Shadowscapes Tarot Nine of Wands
On this Saturday morning, my card for the day is the Nine of Wands from the Shadowscapes Tarot. What a welcome card this is. For me today, it represents the necessity to guard my space and time from unexpected intruders. I want, I need this day to myself. The coming week is packed with appointments, birthday visits and whatsoever.  As you all know I am a Hermit at heart, so today is a perfect opportunity to stock up on some much needed solitude (if something like this is even possible??) I  have the whole day to myself and I want to keep it that way. It is so easy to be lured into someone else’s activities when you are prone to please everyone around you. No today is for me, myself and I.  (Ouch, that’s sounds selfish)
What I love about this card is that the sentinels are outward directed protective energy . It is that part of ourselves which is mindful  to what is going on around us while we can focus on doing other things. This in contrary to the Seven of Wands where our entire self is defending her right to her own space and time.  

Today I want to respond mindfully to questions asked, instead of jumping into pleasing mode right away. 

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes it is. I wish I could ride like this sentinel

      Delete
  2. I love the Shadowscapes version of this card. It definitely has a different feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it beats the almost defeated guy form the RWS :)

      Delete
  3. Nothing selfish or indulgent about self-care and self-compassion! Refill your cup to the brim so it will be full when people come later to ask for a sip. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bev I needed to hear this. When I was writing this I felt a bit worried if this post was too selfish...?
      This insecurity is so deep ingrained that it often feels so wrong to put myself first.

      Delete
  4. This deck of Stepanie Pui-Nun-Law is always such a visual delight to look at and full of energy.

    It is rare for most women to need to worry about being selfish I believe. Selfishness often gets confused with self-care. We are responsible to care about ourselves in honour of the sacredness of our femininity as women, otherwise we have little give. When we do this we honour the Goddess within. I hope you fully enjoy this time Ellen for yourself! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I confess I don't work with it often enough but when I do I am falling in love with it all over again.
      "Honoring the Goddess within":what a wonderful way of putting it! I did just that with a lot of reading about Norse mythology which fitted perfectly with the first snow of the season
      I hope you have a lovely weekend too

      Delete
  5. It looks like the main character on the card is on the front line of a forth coming campaign. Maybe assault or maybe just riding into the neighboring kingdom in strength. You too must be the lead in your life. Just like I need to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do have to steer towards my own direction. Doing the things I love and which fulfill me on a deep level.
      Thank you!

      Delete