Thursday, January 5, 2017

Five of Wands - Wait for the right time to go for it

Today’s card is the Five of Wands from the Shadowscapes Tarot. This card is all about competition; wanting to be challenged and more importantly wanting to win. It is my “go for  it” card.
Shadowscapes Tarot Five of Wands  Shadowscapes Tarot Page of Pentacles
Al the foxes want to catch the hare and are jumping over each other  and are obstructing the guy who wants to go the opposite way. It doesn’t feel to me like the foxes are doing this on purpose because they only have on thing on their mind : Hare!
Since the beginning of October I have not been able to do the things I love the most due to my neck hernia. I am happy to say my pain is decreasing gradually and typing gets easier each day. But writing longhand in my journal, drawing and knitting are still difficult. Now, since the new year, I have been ill. Nothing serious but enough to lower my energy levels and not feeling up to do anything productive.
Oh, how I want to run up that hill just for the fun of it. Not because I have to but just because I want to feel my blood running through my veins and feel the fulfillment of reaching the top.

As advice on how to deal with these fiery feelings I got the Page of Pentacles: Just sit this out patiently and enjoy what I can do. Read a good book and write a blog post. Find wisdom (owl) in waiting because my opportunities will keep slumbering for a while longer until I am really ready to wake them up.

13 comments:

  1. Having all that chaos and distraction coming at you when you want to move in another direction can feel personal - but don't take it that way if you can! Be gentle with yourself, be curious about what you see and feel. Hugs to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be gentle with myself! I need to remember that, not only when I am reading a book with a cup of tea but also when I want so much more. Thank you so much Bev!!

      Delete
  2. Self care is the best gift you can give yourself. Forget chasing a bit of this n that. I have said it before, give Time time. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just taken a long hot shower with some nice smelling products.That always does the trick.

      Delete
  3. My big bossy diagnosis? You enormous brain is making your head more heavy than your neck is able to cope with. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Wise woman!!
      LOL LOL LOL Both me and M have burst into laughter!!

      Delete
  4. This is a beautiful duo! The earthy Page is a nice complement to the frenetic energy of the 5 of Wands! I'm sorry you're not feeling well, but I'm glad to hear that your neck pain is decreasing. Baby steps, as they say. Many healing hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Olivia. I am feeling already a bit better than yesterday.

      Delete
  5. 'Opportunities slumbering until ready to wake them up' love that philosophy and experience tells me it is true...

    Sometimes when we stop pursuing stuff life comes to meet us halfway?

    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life often has it is own timetable which has nothing to do with our planning. :)
      Thanks for your well wishes

      Delete
  6. Do you know, I'd never actually stopped to look at that Five of Wands and make sense of it. I just saw the chaos and movement, the foxes each trying to leap higher than the next. Never thought of the man pushing through in the opposite direction...
    Reading a good book is never a bad response, to my mind. Wishing that soon you can climb that hill (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I love reading what others write about their daily draws. So often and without knowing we lose sight of significant details.
      I am positive i will feel a lot better next week. I even hope I can go back to the gym real soon. I haven't been there sinc last October

      Delete