Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Raidho and Six of Wands - Rise up!

Wild Unknown Tarot Runes Six of Wands Raidho
When I pulled my rune for today, my first thoughts where: “Not Raidho again!" But then I pulled the Six of Wands from The Wild Unknown Tarot to go with it and I realized how a single rune contains such a wide variety of meanings.
Raidho is the rune of movement, journey and travel and since I am on a sort of spiritual quest as of late, it is a very fitting rune for me these days.
The Six of wands is all about success and victory. Now you might ask if this means I have completed my quest? No, not at all but I can say I have escaped the tangled branches and the lost feeling this dark place entails.  Now the butterfly is flying upwards into the light. Although it is a beautiful place to be and it is tempting to find a spot to stay there forever, the butterfly will have to keep moving on to become the best butterfly he can be.
How often do we resist to leave that safe place of victory? It can be so scary to continue our journey with the possibility of failing or getting lost again? I am positive that if we keep this moment of success in our thoughts, it will build up out inner strength and trust, and then moving on will become a bit less frightening

Of course this card also reminds me of the devastating storm our dear friend Bev of By theSycamore Tree and her family and community had to endure yesterday.  I hope and pray together they will be able to rise up (again) from this terrible experience.

12 comments:

  1. you might ask if this means I have completed my quest?

    I think the day we reach that mental state is the day we die. Only then are we finished with life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. BTW life would become very boring if we would finish our quest before dying :)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful pairing that illustrates the idea of "rising up" so well! Reminds me of all the women's marches around the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Raidho seem relate to so many things which have happened as of late.
      I was thrilled by the fact that so many women have marchesd together this weekend

      Delete
  3. I love the question: "how often do we resist to leave that safe place of victory?" Thank you for your thoughts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Alaina. Often this is a question we try to ignore

      Delete
  4. Feels like a rising up and transformation after being stuck in the bramble of a harsh situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised that the wings of the butterfly were still unscathed

      Delete
  5. The Six of Wands is so beautiful in that deck...I love it. And another wonderful interpretation. Good food for thought...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks WM. It is indeed a stunning rendition. I much prefer it over the traditional depiction of this card

      Delete
  6. Your wise words reminded me of the book "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" by Dr. Seuss. It's easy to get lost, and you might get lost again. Still, if you don't explore, that's a different kind of loss altogether. Good luck in your journey, dear Ellen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chloe!
      The advantage of getting lost a lot that it is not so scary anymore because finding our way out is what always comes next

      Delete