Monday, January 9, 2017

Raidho and the Queen of Cups - Trusting you inner Compass

Shadowscapes Tarot Queen of Cups Raidho
Last weekend I have immersed myself in Norse myths, the Edda, and my rune studies. It seems that a light snowfall is all it needs to awaken my love for that part of my ancestral heritage. So with that in mind I wanted to pull a rune for today’s post and I got Raidho (wheel, travel). This rune is not only about physical travel and all the preparations this involves but maybe even more so about spiritual travel; about finding our path in life and following it. Both kinds of travels require some similar attributes which are a.o. resourcefulness, determination and flexibility.
So which aspect of ourselves can help us to keep moving forward in the right direction?
And I got the Queen of Cups form the Shadowscapes Tarot. I love that in this depiction she has risen from her throne and is walking the path with one carefully placed step at the time. She has no need to watch where she puts her feet. She is following her inner compass, which tells her exactly where her companions will emerge. It looks so easy, almost effortlessly. She is dancing on the waves for as long as she keeps moving forward because in movement we can find our balance.

I think our intuition is our most important guide on our journeys. It allows us to travel with ease. If we can muster the courage to trust this sometimes elusive part of our soul, we will able to  dance through life and over whatever waves we will meet. I also believe we can trust that we are carried when needed.

14 comments:

  1. I think the Queen of Cups as a way-finder is brilliant! The heart is a wonderful spiritual compass if we can keep it open instead of closing it off because of fear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think when we follow our heart we'll never get lost :)

      Delete
  2. resourcefulness, determination and flexibility, I think I may excel in these. Except when it comes to myself. I'm often inflexible toward myself. You know that two hour window I give myself in tech time each day? Yesterday I spent nearly an hour on youtube listening and watching kittens and mother cats communicate. A total gift to myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that definitely counts as being flexible towards yourself! Well done!!

      Delete
  3. Two things to add to your brilliant insights. Two astrologers recommended to walk with "baby steps." In my morning meditation the Rune I appeared in my mind's eye. And a reminder, lots of life below the Ice. The card is a visual representation of what I heard. (FYI. I'm neither an astrologer, not a Rune caster.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi.. Brilliant insight! I am not so sure about that
      With some imagination it might seem if she is indeed ice skating.
      Thanks for stopping by Antonio

      Delete
  4. I wasn't paying attention to my intuition for a long time. Now when I hear a prompt I listen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes a lot of courage in the beginning but the more we practice this the easier it is to trust our intuition.

      Delete
  5. I always love your insights into the runes. And glad to hear you had a lovely weekend immersed in mythology!

    It's funny, I always see this Queen of Cups as a bit of a diva and show-off. She calls the turtles to her, and they follow her whims, rising to her command.

    Your reading is much kinder, and I love what you say about the inner compass to guide us on our spiritual journeys! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chloe. Yes it was really wonderful to reconnect to all those old stories.
      Hihi I am such a kind person even for my tarot court :)

      Delete
  6. This is so beautiful. I have never found Shadowscapes to be appealing, artistically, but I can see that pulling one card at a time is probably the best way to work with these cards - they are so full, so much to look at, so many details! I really like this depiction of the Queen of Cups - as you say, she puts one foot in front of the other, and I imagine that the turtles only surface just as she needs their support. That takes a lot of trust!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also think it is a perfect deck for daily draws. Three or more cards would become overwhelming.
      Since Trust is my word for 2017 it will be a good card to work with. :)

      Delete
  7. There is so much movement in this particular depiction of the Queen of Cups. I'm so used to seeing her sitting on her throne gazing into her cup. The movement in the card is a perfect complement to Raidho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was also surprised how well she fitted Raidho. Today I got Raidho and The Hanged Man. Now that is whole different journey and a much needed one :)

      Delete