Monday, October 30, 2017

The High Priestess – Uncovering and facing fears

Deviant Moon Tarot The High Priestess Patrick Valenza Blog Blogger
Today’s card is The High Priestess from the Deviant Moon Tarot. I don’t pull her often. The last time was March 2016 and the time before was December 2014. But today she is here in a more grounded version of herself. The bare feet and the checkered floor both indicate to me that she is not at all an airy-fairy kind of Priestess but more the kind of woman who has gained her wisdom through the trials of her life. She guards her wisdom well and is not eager to share it with just anybody who comes along. Besides being known for her well-guarded wisdom she is also the keeper of secrets and she inspires us to tap into our intuition because facts and logic can only bring us so far.
In many ways, she reminds me of the Queen of Swords. Perhaps because her face isn’t as gentle as we are used to seeing in depictions of the High Priestess. She looks stricter and more aloof to me than others versions of this archetype
So why has she decided to come along today after being absent for so long? I feel she has guided me today to face one of my hidden and deep tucked away fears. After too many years, I have dug it up dealt with it and in the end, it wasn’t that scary and emotional as thought it would be. Facing these kinds of issues instead of avoiding them, releases energy which can be redirected into something fresh and new. 
After all of this, she looks so much softer and gentle than I thought she was. I hope she will pay me a visit more often.

11 comments:

  1. I always think of the priestess as being receptive to what is, rather than what we want it to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fear likes to live in the darkness of what might be. But in the here and now it often loses its power.

      Delete
  2. I am not sure about that High Priestess. With her arms crossed she appears to be withholding herself and she has strategically placed herself in the center of the ChessBoard of Life. Maybe she is here to remind that we cannot win in life if we keep ourselves closed off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt very hesitant when I saw her too. The whole deck has been an ongoing challenge for me for quite some time now. But today she was willing to open up to me despite her closed off demeanor

      Delete
  3. Good observation re the bare feet and the stone? floor. I found her a bit (a lot) harsh looking at first but maybe she's about to hug herself with those crossed arms and warm up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't feeling her at first too but maybe she is about to open her arms to hug us and to share her wel guarded wisdom with us

      Delete
    2. Yes I think so. It's interesting she is now here after an absence. All power to you!

      Delete
  4. How interesting being able to look back and see when she last came up, right?! Glad that you managed to face a fear and found it less scary than feared. I've put up a spread today on exactly that: peeking out into the dark from under your bedcovers, with your teddy in your arms for support :D Hope you redirect your energy in a way that feels wonderful to you! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear friend. I will be checking out your spread later today!!!
      Have a wonderful day Chloe

      Delete