Saturday, October 7, 2017

Night Song – Here goes nothing

Halloween Oracle Nightsong Jimmy Manton Blog blogger
Yesterday evening I pulled Nightsong – Hidden Talents from the Halloween Oracle and this morning I decided I wanted to write about this card instead of pulling another one. We see a beautiful red colored bird sitting on a branch at night just before he is going to burst into song. Because it is quite rare for birds to sing at night, it was often seen as a bad omen.  But for the more positive minded people, it could be a sign of good fortune too. A bird singing at night could also be considered to be “able to direct us towards discovering our talents and true purpose – a kind of guide in the darkness leading us to the dawn.”

This got me thinking about my own hidden talents and I couldn’t come up with anything. Of course, I know I can draw and write but that’s nothing new. This card is about the hidden talents. Then I thought:  “Let’s draw some more cards about it” and I drew three cards for three talents. (Perhaps a bit presumptuous?) The cards were quite positive but still, it didn’t feel right and I went to bed and stopped thinking about it. This morning when I saw the Nightsong card again, little by little it dawned on me because now I realize you cannot go searching for hidden talents or draw cards to reveal them.  No, you have to do the work or better said you have to start playing with the mindset of “Here goes nothing”, just like when we were children.  If I had never picked up crayons and paper when I was a child, I would have never have discovered I had a talent for drawing and painting. Somehow along the way, a lot of us have lost the open-mindedness of a child to try out new things without expectations. And now, as adults we seem to walk in darkness, frantically searching for our authentic self. Perhaps if we would try to relax and enjoy playing and experimenting more, then who knows what treasures we might find, hidden in some dark unexplored corner of our soul.

6 comments:

  1. We have a lot of cardinals here. They are usually the last birds at the feeders in the evenings.
    I think you're right about hidden talents - usually we just stumble upon them (we can't force them out into the open). As you said, when we have that child-like mindset that they can be more easily coaxed out into the open.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And as always... it is easier said than done :)

      Delete
  2. Very nice, very nice indeed. Just be, time for me to get my paints out and enjoy my rock painting. Bright Blessings to you as you discover more about your authentic self.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will have a great time painting my dear and who knows what other talents you have yet to uncover :)

      Delete
  3. I've never seen one, that is a cardinal, my mothers favorite bird.
    One talent you probably don't recognize is commenting on other blogs.
    Few bloggers ever hear from the readers, a reaction to the words is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much me dear friend. Sometimes we need the loving attention of others to recognize what we are good at :)
      And in turn I do appreciate your comments very much as well.
      Hugs

      Delete