Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Judgment – Who am I….

Raven's Prophecy Judgment Maggie Stiefvater blog bloggerToday's card is Judgment from the Ravens Prophecy Tarot. The first thing that came to mind was: “who am I to judge?”  Judging other people is such an easy thing to do. Even without actually knowing them, we offer our judgment, asked for or not. As long as we get it off our chest
The book reminds me of the book of “Sinterklaas” (list of Santa) where everything you have done in life is written down, the good and the bad. The crown, I don’t know who fits it or who is worthy to wear it. Santa, I don’t think so. Maybe be God but then we have to ask ourselves which God. I hope not the one from the fundamentalist churches because that would en be a good thing for a lot of us.
What about Karma? No crown, no book, just the law of cause and effect.  That sounds a whole lot better than judgment.

In the meantime let’s try to be nice to one another and keep our judgment to ourselves: In real life and online.

10 comments:

  1. At least the book is closed rather than open with a pen making a record. I suppose the only person whose motivations and intentions we could truly know would be ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Perhaps we should judge ourselves more often as in checking in where we are at and where we come from. We could learn so much when we would be honest and open to ourselves

      Delete
  2. Judgement is such a easy habit to fall into. The old "First Impressions" and don't judge a book by its cover thing. I am guilty of it and I really work at it. Lots better as I get older and yet there are times I catch myself and then think I wonder how they would judge me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too judge to easily and have some nasty habits in that area. And yes the older I get the more lenient I become.

      Delete
  3. It's funny, the word Judgment brings such negative connotations. Yet, the card for me has a strong positive - hearing a calling and following it. I see that here, too. I think you read some of the Raven Boys books, too. Looks to me like one of the journals to help them find the crown. That was certainly a calling, to do something greater! :)
    Of course, it can also be a calling just to listen to yourself, rather than to those external judgments... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, judgement is also about an inner calling. I think this more "reversed" post is caused by some frustrations I had earlier today :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I kind of imagined that, especially based on your last line! Hope you've let go of all that stress, and enjoyed the rest of your day :)

      Delete
  4. I believe even less in karma than I do gods. Far too fickle to ever worry the crutch kickers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think karma is rather unbiased and objective way to restore balance in one way or another

      Delete