Thursday, June 15, 2017

Raidho and The Hanged Man – The journey within

My rune for today is Raidho (wheel), the rune of traveling and movement. The question I like to ask this rune is: "Where do I go from here?" and I pulled The Hanged Man. 
Raidho The Hanged Man Original Rider Waite tarot the Wild Unknown Tarot The Vision Quest Tarot
So physically I am going nowhere but that doesn’t mean I am not going on a journey. The Hanged Man tells us it is time to take a pause and reflect on what we need to hold on to and nurture and what we need to let go off. What is bringing deep fulfillment and is contributing to our purpose in life? What is helping us to step into our authentic power?  How can we respond to life with Love instead of reacting in fear? So many questions, so many things to ponder about. To find the answer to all of this we only need to quiet down and listen. This can be done during meditation, or while taking a walk or just sitting in our garden and let the beauty of nature sink in.
The Hanged Man of the Rider Waite Tarot shows us the effect of this inner journey. Just look at the halo around the man’s head. In the Wild Unknown Tarot we see how  by hanging upside down the bat keeps his head in the light too and in the Vision Quest Tarot the Hanged man is replaced by a Native American who is indeed going on a Vision Quest, an inner journey of self-discovery and spiritual growth

All the cards, however, show in their own special way that what is unconscious and hidden deep within needs to be brought into the light. Not to get rid of it but to truly own it and transform it from something we fear into something we are able to love. 

11 comments:

  1. I tend to see the Hanged Man as 'forced receptivity.' It's a wonder I don't draw this card all the time, lol. I rather like the Vision Quest interpretation as having a wider perception and the bat's view of a completely different perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I like to compare the same card from different deck with one another. Just to get a more layered feel of the meaning.
      "Forced receptivity" I can relate to that :D

      Delete
  2. Big questions, beautifully written. 'How can we respond to life with love instead of reacting in fear?' That one will stick in my mind

    ReplyDelete
  3. It can be very insightful comparing the same card from different decks. In many believes standing on your head allows an abundance of blood to rush to our brain, which can give insight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thougth of the same thing when I was writing this post. I don't know if it true but I am not agile enought to try it out for myself :)

      Delete
  4. Love your question for Raidho, Ellen. I'll tuck that one away :) Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete