Thursday, June 8, 2017

Defeating The Devil with the Ace of Pentacles

Original Rider Waite Tarot The Devil Ace of Pentacles
Today’s card is The Devil from the Original Rider Waite Tarot. We see a horned beast sitting on a block of concrete. A man and a woman are loosely chained to this block. If they wanted to, they could free themselves but fear and insecurity have stifled them.
The Devil is that part of your mind that whispers that you can’t do it, that you aren’t worthy or good enough, that if you can't do it well you’d better not do it at all or that you are just too tired today to do anything at all.  All these limiting and oppressing thoughts will keep you from moving forward, from growing, from becoming who you are meant to be and simply from enjoying your life.
So what to do when The Devil pays you a visit and throws his chains over your head? The Ace of Pentacles encourages us to get up and do something: do the dishes, water the plants, gesso a page. Whatever comes to mind, however simple it may be, the first action after the initial thought will set you free from the Devils influence.

What could be your Ace of Pentacles today?

10 comments:

  1. Interesting that you should notice what the Devil is perched on. I can get so overwhelmed by what he looks like, I don't realize how easily I could shove him off his little throne. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I huff and I puff and I blow you away... :)

      Delete
  2. My first thought when saw this pairing was be careful with your money. Hold on to your coins and don't have a 'devil may care' attitude today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could be more devilish in my spending. I tend to overthink everything too long and then the need to buy just evaporates...

      Delete
  3. My morning walk keep the devil away :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love walking too. I should do it more often :)

      Delete
  4. The first action sets you free from Mr D. So true but I keep forgetting because each situation is different (not!)

    I am going to print, frame and hang this post in my work room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the post. The Devil grabbed me a few months back I guess. I have to force myself to do anything these days, but on most days I just wander doing nothing. Good thing I have a full-time job. At least, I HAVE to do that. You've inspired me to shake the Devil. The image should help. Plus, last night I had a dream of everything being taken from me, on a short note: I was lost in a town and when I pull my phone out to call for help, it had been cleaned of all phone numbers. I had no way to call anyone to help. I woke with a start and thought: I'm nobody. Sounds like the Devil playing with me. Time to cast him out. Best of luck for your day ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry to hear this Cher and at the same time I am glad to have been able to encourage you to fight this apathy. I know far too well how you can spiral down when The Devil has gotten a hold on you
      Take care and be gentle with yourself
      Hugs

      Delete