Friday, June 23, 2017

Big Bold Vision with a touch of makeup

Sacred Rebels Oracle 15 Big Bold Vision
Today’s card is “Big Bold Vision” from the Sacred Rebels Oracle. This card encourages us to dream big; to not hold back when you are visualizing the most amazing things for yourself. I mean look at all the winged creatures in this card; they fill her mind with the most wonderful ideas and fantasies. For most of us this hard because while growing up we were taught to have only responsible dreams and goals and leave our capacity to dream big and limitless behind with our dolls and crayons.  I mean who needs a mother of two, who dreams of being an explorer, an artist, a farmer or who secretly even dreamed of becoming a nun.  All those dreams are still hidden somewhere and this card prompts me to revisit them if only for old times’ sake and perhaps to add some new ones:
Today I will think about what I want out of life when anything is possible.

Another thing which stands out for me in this card is the amount of effort and self-love it must have taken her to look like this. She definitely knows how to dress to impress.  I got the distinct feeling she has taken all this time to make herself look this beautiful for anyone but herself. Because she is absolutely worth it to pamper herself and to look as gorgeous as she can be.
I don’t treat myself very kindly in this area. Often I tell myself I don’t have the time but it is more that I don’t see the point in doing it only for myself when I am cooked up at home all day. So for today, I took the effort to put on some lipstick and mascara; just for myself because I wanted to. And it feels good. It is such a minor thing but with a unexcited major effect

I believe all women are pretty without makeup and can be pretty powerful with the right makeup” Bobbi Brown

11 comments:

  1. Lipstick and earrings. start out nearly every day with that small ritual. (that and my fitbit) Sets my intention to be a better person, outside and inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely morning ritual my friend
      P.S. I just painted my nails!

      Delete
  2. I too neglect any kind of makeup because I spend most days at home. Maybe I need to initiate a new morning ritual for myself as well. Thanks for your post and promt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps this will change our lifes a tiny little bit. I do feel rather content with myself today :)

      Delete
  3. Good for you for taking care of yourself. I find nice nails (and a slather of fake tan) happy making out of all proportion to the effort required. And it doesn't have to end there. Professional beauty treatments like gel nails are pretty good value given they last up to a month. Sometimes it is nice also to have someone else pamper you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its funny you should mention this because next week I'll have an appointment for a facial (present from my eldest daughter and my SIL) :)
      As for my nails, after having obsessively bitten them off my whole life since last year, they have still deep ridges and dents, so I will let them settle a bit longer (months I suppose???)

      Delete
    2. Oh what a lovely gift! I hope you Enjoy your facial. I haven't had one but my friend swears by them and says she feels like she is walking on air afterwards :)

      Ps those beauticians can sort out dents and ridges no problem. That's the whole point of the gel stuff.

      Look after yourself xx

      Delete
  4. I love the bumble bee on her forehead! They collect nectar and pollen which sounds makes me think of reaching for what is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reaching for is sweet: Love it, both litarally and figuratively :D

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful image on this card. I love make-up but not to over do it like Tammy Fay Baker. So much caked on make-up, if you slapped the back of her head her face would fall off! Otherwise it simply feels and looks fake, as if trying to hide the real person. Sadly our culture is so image oriented, especially for women. I think if we feel good we look good, make up or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know who Tammy was but now I do!!!!
      I agree that feeling good is the most important part. I want ot experience putting on some makeup and taking care of my skin more as an act of self love than a result of insecurtiy

      Delete