Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Indi – But, what if……?

Faeries' Oracle Indi
Today’s card is Indi from the Faeries’ Oracle. This fearie is finding it very difficult to make up his mind, to choose and to commit.  His mind races back and forth, from left to right and up and down, gathering every “what if’” he can find. When you look at this card, you can only feel sorry for him, because he isn’t going anywhere. He is afraid of making the right choice,of making a mistake and it is making him question his own self worth over and over again.
One thing I have learned over the years is, if you don’t make a decision by yourself, someone or some situation is bound to make it for you.  The only way to avoid becoming a victim of circumstances is to take matters into your own hand. Is this difficult for me? Oh, yeah! But I know how it feels otherwise.   

So for today Indi will remind me to make my own decisions; probable about the little things in life like what to do, to eat, to say…  Yes,even making these minor, more insignificant decisions will definitely add to our own sense of self confidence. And for the major ones? We always can reach out for help but in the end we are responsible for our every decision we make.

12 comments:

  1. I agree - we are responsible for the decisions we make, even when that choice is not choosing anything because of fear. I have some friends who respond when asked, "What do you want to do?" instantly reply "Well, what do you want to do?" If I offer some suggestions, they in turn tell me to just pick one. That is not being nice, it is not wanting to be responsible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I find this behavior most irritating in other people. Sometimes when I feel I really don't have a preference I let M chose what we will eat or somethings like that. Maybe it is better to take some more time and figure out what it is that I want.

      Delete
  2. No decision is a decision in itself. Making someone or something else in charge of your life. When in doubt, chocolate helps. Have a decisive day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chocolate with hazelnuts are the best brain food for me. :)
      We have been gardening today and that is all about making decisions: what to prune and what not, what plants to discard and what not etc

      Delete
  3. Well said, not making a decision is a decision in itself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much like the 2 of Swords, or even 7 of Cups. There is a lot of empowerment available in making even those small decisions, as you say. There is always some measure of risk when confronting a choice (which can be scary), but in the end, our entire lives are made up of an endless string of decisions that we make (or is made for us) - the ball never stops rolling, even if we are reluctant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely Two of Swords for me!. now I envision a string of beads, black gray and white ones, strung without patterns or rhythm but so beautiful!

      Delete
  5. Sometimes it's nice to pretend for a little while that I am not responsible. Still, as a mother, that rarely last long :D I hope you enjoyed your choices, Ellen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did Chloe, thank you! Yes, being a mother is one of the toughest jobs in the world. Never a day off and no sick leave :)

      Delete
  6. I'm learning to wait in front of a decision where non of the options feel quite right. Before I would just run and choose one to avoid the feeling of 'I don't know'. I'm learning to surrender for the sweetness of not knowing - believing in that when the time is right I will know. This card really caught my eye in your IG feed, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming all the way form IG to read my blog. That means a lot. Yes not knowing makes a lot of us uncomfortable but perhaps instead of seeking a solution we could try to ask the right question and sit with it for a while

      Delete