Friday, March 17, 2017

Five of Earth - When the rain comes

Gaian Tarot Five of Earth
Today’s card is the Five of Earth from the Gaian Tarot. In this card we see someone taking shelter under a makeshift  little hut made from whatever the forest provided at the time.
Although I am feeling better and Spring has arrived over here, it is still raining inside me from time to time. This card highlights our ability to survive whenever storm  blows in; accompanied by heavy rainfall. Then we have to make do with what we have and what we are capable of.
The  little shelter in the card represents the times when I have been able to lift up my spirit and to chase away the dark clouds. This could have been as easy as taking a little stroll, painting intuitively with watercolors, watching series etc. Just as with making this shelter, it doesn’t matter what you use or how you do, it as long as it is fit for purpose.
Several years of therapy have equipped me with some really helpful tools and insights for whenever the weather might change. Although I still suffer from depressions, I am grateful that lately it is not as scary and dark anymore as it used to be. 

10 comments:

  1. this deck is based here in western Washington. This looks like a hidey-hole my cousin and I used to make from big ferns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You live in a beautiful area! I will remember that that when I work with this deck

      Delete
  2. Whenever I draw this card I want to crawl back in bed and pull the covers over my head. Some days that is the only way to deal with the day. I hope your day is not one of those. Turn on all the lights and dance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thasnk you, my day was pretty good actually. I have been "dabbering" a lot today :D

      Delete
  3. This card makes me remember that even if things are as I'd like them to be, they still are better than they might otherwise be. And they won't always be this way forever. (((E)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the beauty of life: Everything always changes. :)
      Hugs

      Delete
  4. I like the description for this card as being "waiting out the storm at night". It offers a glimmer in the melancholy darkness that the storm will eventually pass. It's a few days since you posted this. I'm hoping the storm has passed by now. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rose I do feel somewhat better. As you might have noticed on my IG feed. I am participating in #createthisoracledeck which is a very healing activity for me

      Delete
  5. Has the oracle card challenge felt therapeutic for you at all? It's nice sometimes to have a focus for creation, and with that exercise you end with your own beautiful, and very personal, deck, which I imagine (both the creation and the final product) would be soothing for those inner rainy days <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it felt indeed wonderfully healing. It has done so much for my self confidence. It's been months since I've picked up a paintbrush and thanks to this challenge I finally got the courage to do so.

      Delete