Saturday, March 11, 2017

Guardian of Water - Rest in my embrace

After having been mothering my mother for a couple of days because she isn’t feeling all too well, the Guardian of Water from the Gaian Tarot is a very welcome card to receive for this weekend. When our mothers aren’t capable of mothering anymore, it is up to us to find an other source of this energy to replenish our Inner Child’s cup from time to time. Today this Guardian invites me to join her in the water, to rest in her soft motherly embrace. She nurtures us with compassion, love and intuitive knowing. Her siren song to unburden our sorrows and anxieties is alluring. It is so easy to confide in her because she always forgives our wrongdoings and unkind thoughts.
God(dess) knows I need this today. I had lots of plan for when I got home again but that was a bit too optimistic. This weekend is for  rest and self-care which involves writing this post, reading, meditating, walking, drinking coffee, …. Oh no, that sound like making plans again. This weekend I am going to try to take it moment by moment and really trying to listen to what I need right here and now.

I hope you all will have a wonderful weekend too!

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful and wise message today! I know many mothers who never managed to nurture their children at all, besides the ones that need care as they age. I believe this is why women need other women in their life; we can remind each other that we deserve care too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your absolutely right my Bev! I call myself lucky to have besides my online female friends two wonderful daughters who remind me of this very often and even take care of me once in a while

      Delete
  2. My Mother left the planet over fourteen years ago. We had a very challenging relationship, still what I would give for another hug. Doesn't matter whether we are six or sixty. Bev is right we need other women for that kind of support; Mother, sister, niece... Have a fabulous day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn! Yes Bev is indeed right. But I think we also have an inner Mother, who we can count on when other women aren't available.

      Delete
  3. Doing some research on a quote author I ended up reading some of my 2013 post, when I had my mother here with me. Dementia made her not my mother. I'm thankful I had a wonderful mother through my early life to remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remembering how you took care of your mother make me blushing with shame. I find it very difficult to see her deteriorate and to accept this. It frustrates me and I am not handling it all to well. I am glad I have two brothers who are able to be much more patient with her than I am

      Delete
  4. Wonderful card, wonderful post. I think we are having a similar Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm also starting to experience that role reversal, needing to care for my mum. It's an odd sensation, and I think a weekend of self-care sounds just perfect. Hope you did beautiful, nurturing things and had fun with it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was mostly allowing myself to rest but that was a treat by it self. :)
      Yes role reversing: I wonder if my girls will be more accepting about this than me?

      Delete