Thursday, January 29, 2015

My copy of the Gaian tarot has arrived!

Yesterday I've received the Gaian Tarot  in the mail. This is a deck which  was off and on my wish list for years. I already had the Foolsdog app of this deck but in the end  that wasn't  it for me.  

The Gaian Tarot Joanna Colbert

A few weeks ago I decided to finally purchase a physical copy for myself and was deeply disappointed when I learned it (the Llewellyn edition) was out of print. 
There and then I decided to let it go and not obsess about any further.  But a few days ago I found myself searching the net again for this deck and  to my great surprise I found a Dutch Publisher who still had a one copy in stock. Without any delay I made the purchase and now I am ever so glad to have The Gaian tarot in my collection. It is a welcome counterbalance to all the more whimsical decks I have. It reads very intuitively which I like and it has a soft nurturing feel to it. For me it is a grounding deck after having read with the Chrysalis tarot for whole month now.

Gaian Tarot Seven of Earth Joanna Colbert
Today’s card is the Seven of Earth. Well it couldn't be more grounding than this. We see a woman planting a young sapling in the soil of a large forest. She is holding the root ball carefully in her hands and with her smile she is giving the young tree the confidence to grow.
Growing a tree needs patience; a lot of patience just a some of our other projects do. Not always we get the results we want and when we want them. Sometimes we just have to work slow and steadily towards our goal. Often life is not about our pass but more about Nature’s and Spirit’s pass.
When we learn to take pleasure in daily progress and in taking baby steps  then we can be grateful for each new leaf of our sapling, for each millimeter growth in length and or thickness.
Just before I wanted to upload this post I got the feeling this woman was adding her precious new deck to her collection with the intention of growing a solid and deep relationship with it. J
Affirmation: “ I trust that my efforts are growing to fruition in their own good time” J. Colbert

15 comments:

  1. Congrats on obtaining a copy of the Gaian! I think this is a great image for Imbolc and the awakening earth. :) Sometimes it does feel like our day to day growth is so slow as to be imperceptible, but looking back months or years we can see a change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha Now I have to thank you for the Imbolc connection :D
      That is why I am so glad I love journaling. That way I I can keep track of my slow and spiraling growth!

      Delete
  2. Funny to be out of print so soon. I'd like to be a fly on the wall when these decisions are being made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always a matter of making enough money I guess

      Delete
  3. The Gaian is one of my favourite decks! I was so happy to see it on your blog this morning : ) I completely agree with you about it being intuitive and having a nurturing feel to it. I know you'll enjoy yours! I also sometimes feel very undecided about decks ... I have one in my shopping cart at amazon (only 1 in stock) - hmmm maybe this is a sign I should order it... ; )











    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I feel so lucky to finally have it now and I think if you really want this deck then you should go for it. Perhaps you should imagine how you would feel if it was out of stock..... :)
      Good luck with deciding!

      Delete
    2. Oops I meant to say that I have the Gaian and 'love' it! It's a different deck that I'm not sure about... I should also mention that Joanna has two websites - gaiantarot and gaiansoul. I've been part of her online circle for about a year - a wonderful group of kindred spirits! She shares alot of resources on her sites as well.

      Delete
    3. I figured something like that. I will definitely check out her site! Thanks! :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks, Ellen! This reminds me to spend some time with my copy of the Gaian. It's been too long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Zanna. It is good to be reminded of old friends once in awhile:)

      Delete
  5. I love this deck, too, and was part of the Gaian Tarot Circle for two years. Eventually, I decided I just didn't have the focus to keep up with it, but I loved the knowledge I gained while I was there. Hope you have a wonderful time with this deck, Ellen. As you say, you can't get much more grounded than that! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chloe! I've been reading Joanna's blog and I love it so far. I don't know if i will join the circle. For now I am focusing on being busy with my hands and I like it a lot!

      Delete
  6. Out of print?!

    I adore this deck. I bought it on one of my trips away, while in Cornwall. I carried it around to all of the lovely places we visited. It's a real earthy set, beautifully illustrated, but not flashy.

    I'd also love to know why some stuff is discontinued. If I'd have had to guess what was going to go out of print at Llewellyn, it wouldn't have been this .. not by a long shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a shame they won't reprint this deck. I am so happy I could find a copy for myself: Just in time! :)
      It reads so easily but at the same time the're so many layers to be discovered.

      Delete
    2. It is a real deck of layers, you are right. It strikes me as a tool which centres on nature and the magic within it. It's not showy. Just real. A lot of decks released these days seem more trend-based perhaps?

      This deck is a classic. Just wait. Once more people discover it is out of print, they'll be stumbling over themselves to snatch a copy. It goes like that. Give it a few years and this will be the new Greenwood, lol.

      Delete