Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Lakshmi – All shall be well

Goddes Guidance oracle Lakshmi
Today I felt really drawn to pull a card from my first oracle deck ever, the Goddess Guidance Oracle Cards, which has been a birthday gift from my daughter M. Those first decks which have brought me so much pleasure and deep felt kindness are so easily buried under the great amount of newer and more trendy decks. Decks with more symbolism, gorgeous art, new systems and with such a rich and layered messages. I mean you have to be an awesome deck to compete with that. Somehow I do believe that every deck, every card can give us the message we need to hear, since it all comes from within ourselves or if you like from divine guidance.
So for today, I got Lakshmi - Bright Future:  "Stop worrying. Everything is going to be fine."  Lakshmi is the Hindu goddess of abundance and is often depicted with the elephant god Ganesh, the remover of obstacles. Her message is not to worry about all the terrible things that might happen, to hush your fears and worries and trust that the Universe/God has your best interest at heart.
I don’t believe this aspect of the divine will shower us with money and other riches but more that She and her Companion will grant us the strength and whatever more we need to move through our challenges and reap the due rewards. Also, I believe that focusing on this benevolent energy we are more likely to notice what She has given us and to express our gratitude for the abundance of the little things we notice each and every day. This way we become more and more aware of the abundance she bestows and feel more prosperous day by day
                                                                                                                                                        

9 comments:

  1. I don't believe in getting a divine shower of riches either (we have loads of 'prosperity gospel' preachers who will tell you otherwise here). But as you said, being aware of the good in our lives (especially the simple, ordinary things) and expressing gratitude for them can help us see the resources we do have. Perhaps that is the most divine message of all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more. Lately I have been trying express my gratitude the moment I feel it, instead of "saving" it for my gratitude journal later at night

      Delete
  2. since the oldest humanoid remains are now pegged at 300,000 years old it puts worrying about things we have no power over in perspective. The Earth has seen it all before...and it matters not

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can make our life so much more pleasant if we try not to assume the worst everytime something comes up,

      Delete
  3. My first deck was the Goddess Tarot. Similar to your first deck. The Divine Feminine. We all have many bright blessings and counting them is the magic. Appreciation of what we have goes a long way to a happy life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gratitude is indeed a main key to joy and happiness. The goddees Tarot, another deck I don't use nearly enough

      Delete
  4. After having Gratitude as my word for the year in 2016, I maintain my daily gratitude practice. It has enriched my life so much!

    It's funny, just this morning I was contemplating the phrase from the Bible: "Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow. They toil not, nor do they spin." On the one hand, this suggests there is no need to work, to strive, and yet, like you say, abundance will not just rain down on you. You need to keep going with your life.

    More importantly, though, the lilies are arrayed in the finery of colour, surrounded by their compatriots, friends, family. They enjoy the simple pleasures of life: the sunshine, the rain. So, it is as you say: gratitude for the little things :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course we also can be grateful for the big things like family, health and love etc but finding the breadcrumbs of life is such a rewarding challenge and it will give us so much joy :)

      Delete