Monday, July 24, 2017

New Moon in July

This new moon I have decided to use the whole deck again instead of only the Majors and for this coming lunation I got the Six of Cups from The Original Rider Waite Tarot.
The Six of Cups is my inner child card and whenever it comes up, it encourages me to give my little me some genuine love and attention. I know she loves to play and go out and honestly the last weeks we haven’t had enough time to do so. Life gets in the way so easily.

Another thing is that while thinking about this card and my inner child, I suddenly realized everybody has such a little girl or boy inside and it then occurred to me that others too might find it difficult to satisfy their own child’s needs. So I thought maybe it would make some difference if I would try to beware of that child, whenever I would come in contact with somebody. We are so much more inclined to be patient, and gentle with a child than with an adult. Just like we sometimes try to see the divine in someone maybe we could just as easily try to see the child as well

13 comments:

  1. What a compassionate way to look at this card, remembering the little boy or girl in everyone. It is easy to forget that everyone behaves in certain ways for a reason, and if we could go back and talk to those inner children, I bet we wouldn't be so judgmental of others. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just occurred to me when writing my post. The two relationships I have mentioned before are also easier to maintain when I remind myself of this sentiment

      Delete
  2. My little girl is taking her time to enjoy her kittens this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We could all do a better and kinder job with our inner child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose we do. I am often very forgetful when it comes to her

      Delete
  4. Some play time sounds wonderful! I'm hoping to record an unboxing this afternoon, so I can finally play with some new cards :D
    And I love what you say about seeing the Inner Child in everyone we meet ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You surely deserve some play time my dear friend. Playing with your decks without the need to blog or record can be such a relaxing and fun thing to do

      Delete
  5. I've always like this card, but now I like it more, with your mention of the inner child. That's a perfect reference for this card. My inner child is an adventurer, and those adventures always come in the form of a novel. So, perhaps it's time to curl up with my current read and get lost. Or, as an adult, maybe it's time to plan an adventure in real life. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow an adventurer! I was more a reading, drawing, playing with my dolls kind of girl. I suppose She is happy with most of my adult activities but she could do with a lot less responsbiltity, perfectionism and fear of failure.
      When I was a child I just did what I loved doing and that was it.
      I hope you can find something adventureous to do this week even if it is something small as long as it is out of the ordinary. :)

      Delete
  6. :) I guess you missed the mention of the adventures being in the form of a novel. I read, colored, played with dolls, all of that. I did love the outdoors. So far this week, only work, no time for adventures. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we lived in the same neighborhood and were the same age we, could have been best friends during our childhood :)
      I hope the weekend will bring you a welldeserved break

      Delete
    2. :) I'm currently listening to The Big Leap. Having aha moments. Hope it will lead to much productivity. Have a great rest of the week and weekend.

      Delete