Friday, March 4, 2016

Three card daily spread with the Shadowscapes Tarot

For today I want do a three card daily spread with The Shadowscapes Tarot. This deck is currently almost the only tarot deck I work with. Each time I pull my cards from this deck, I am amazed by how the message it conveyed with such a gentle and kind energy. Even the more difficult subjects, although never avoided, are so cautiously approached.
For my spread the positions are as follows:
1 The general energy of the day
2 The challenge of the day
3 The gift of today
Shadowscapes Tarot Three of Cups Nine of Wands Knight of Swords
1 The energy of the day – Three of Cups.
Many of you know that this is the card which for me resembles me and my girls: How we interact, how we laugh and cry together and yes often quarrel together too. But we always return to our small circle of love. Each of us bringing a filled cup to the brim of our own special flavored drink and mixing it together to something quite delicious and extraordinary.
But  S doesn’t live here anymore. Of course I do think about her often but seeing this card made it a bit sour. And then this morning she called me to invite me to have coffee together at her place which was good and we talked and laughed as usual. Both my girls live in my heart so where ever I am we will always be the Three of Cups.
2 The challenge of the day – Nine of Wands
This cards challenges me to not to expect the worst. Of course there is nothing wrong to have some strength in reserve but for me today there is no need to be extra vigilant. And worrying about what might happen only drains me from the strength I do have.
3 Gift of today –Knight of Sword
My gift is to be able to speak my mind if necessary and to know when to be silent. Since he is my gift I interpret him more positively than usual. So no conflicts today!

8 comments:

  1. That Nine of Wands animal and the Knight of Sword bird look like bookends, each protecting that Three of Cups moment in their own way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha I see it too. Thanks for noticing. It feels quite safe

      Delete
  2. I love your spread! What a great way to look into how your day will progress. And I like how the Three of Cups worked out for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a fun spread to do. It tells you a bit more than just one card a day. Life is all about change and how we adept to it :D

      Delete
  3. Great reading! I also like this spread very much. I would like to use it on my blog from time to time, if it's okay with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zanna and of course it is. It is a spread I found years ago somewhere and I can't remember where, as it is so often with things you find online :)

      Delete
  4. This is a lovely spread! And I love what you say about carrying the girls always in your heart <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose your boys are also always with you wherever you go :)

      Delete