Thursday, November 27, 2014

A Twist in the Tale – Expect the unexpected

Oracle of the Shapeshifters A twist in a tale Jasmine Becket Griffith
Today’s card is “A twist in the tale”- The unexpected, a change you did not see coming” from the Shapeshifters Oracle.  I like to use this deck during this season because the theme of the deck is Change and so much is changing right now. We are entering the holiday season. The temperatures are dropping rapidly. “Winter is coming” without a doubt and in thirty days Christmas as is already over and days are slowly lengthening again.
The card shows us a pale white girl and her white ferret. There is not much color but the red of their eyes, nose and ears  and the pink glow in the back. Not quite what you would have expected of a fairy and her ferret.  They come to tell us that change is coming and there is nowhere to hide. It can be about your age, your relationship, your job, a project; something is about to change and the only thing we can do is embrace and accept it and go from there. So often we are relentlessly trying to keep change at bay so we can uphold our illusion of being in control.
It would be so much more easy to accept change and then embrace it or deal with it. So many possibilities could have been ignored or set aside out of fear of change. And who knows what we have missed out on.
Nature teaches us all about change. About the beauty and the hardship. About life and destruction. Everything  is part of the whole beautiful picture

Perhaps that is the message from this card:  take a step back and try to see the whole story with all its twists and turns and how everything worked out for the best. That way the next twist won’t  be that scary and maybe in the end a great blessing

6 comments:

  1. That card makes me think of the animals that live where long, snowy winters are common. They change their coat to white from brown (like the snowshoe hare) when when the seasons change. I should take a hint from them - instead of fighting change, just adapt to it. Go with the flow instead of using up so much energy trying to make things different from the way things are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes nature has a way of adapting effortless to life's circumstances
      Go with the flow could be a great motto!

      Delete
    2. Ellen I am really feeling change right now. Change for the good I think, but yes we all seem to resist change especially when it appears not to be good. It is for easy for me to accept good change, I think for the most part; not so with difficult change usually. But when I can embrace the changes I really struggle with they become easier to deal with and my load is lightened instead of me having to drag the hard changes around as a big heavy burden. That's my experience. Thanks for to great post! <3

      Delete
    3. Your welcome my friend. I feel the older I get the more I trust things will work out for the best. even when it gets cold and dark; the sun has to come out again one day :)

      Delete
  2. Something I read the other day went something like this: "When you fear change and want to keep things just as they are, go outside and simply take a look around you - everything is changing all of the time. It's the way of Life, and it is inevitable. Embrace change, don't fear it." Change is a hot topic for me lately, and this is a nice post to read! I like what you say about the "illusion of being in control" - so true...!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I think this card resonates a lot with you right now! There are some major twists going on in your life.
      So yeah, embracing is so much more healthy than trying to fight is and keep everything the same

      Delete