Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Five of Wands - to keep or not to keep

Fountain Tarot Five of Wands
Today's card is the Five of Wands from the Fountain Tarot. The guidebook describes this card as competitive chaos. Often this card is about a confusing situation, our own monkey mind or it could also be a challenge to find out what our priorities are. Sometimes we want so much out of life that we tend to forget who we are and what is really important to us.
For me, the only way to get a clearer picture of all this was to lay down my "Wants" and try to sit with the feeling of what's left and what's next. I can tell you it wasn't easy and it still isn't. But I have gotten to know me a little bit better and I actually like myself more. Life has become somewhat easier since I am less demanding of myself. I think I will wait a bit longer before I'll pick those wands up again. And before I do I'm going to look at them more closely to decide if I really want to use them, store them for a while or throw them away altogether

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Maybe that's the reason I am not watching it :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a prudent way to figure out your priorities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is but it does require a lot of patience :)

      Delete
  3. Ellen your post reminds me of what I once heard about individual dreams that we have. Sometimes our dream doesn't materialize but the dream becomes something else and maybe something better. It's not always easy to figure out what it is we want, and it's good just to be content with where I find myself until I can figure it out. I know I want Winter to be over! But only 28 days away, so I can wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine you're fed up with the cold.
      Yes, being in the present moment and find contentment there is very good spot to be. 💕
      Hugs

      Delete
  4. That Five of Wands almost like feels like viewing oneself through a prism. Different images of ourselves and yet all aspects are us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are indeed multifaceted and
      not all aspects of ourselves can have the same amount of attention all the time.

      Delete