Tuesday, January 16, 2018

New moon in Januari

For this new moon, I have pulled one card from the Thoth Tarot as to what energy I should embrace during this next cycle of the Moon and I got The Hanged Man. Some of its keywords are: rigidity, ending of a stagnated situation, new ways of looking at things, letting go of old behavioral patterns.  This hanged man has nowhere to go. There is now way to escape his situation. His eyes are closed, blind for everything which doesn’t align with his point a view. He is totally disconnected from his intuition and heart centered wisdom.
Yet, since there is no way out the only forward is to go within.  Only then will the snake wake up and rise from the dark grave. Then the Hanged Man can find freedom from past convictions and behavior. It is there  and then that he can undergo a profound transformation. He can free himself from the need of being always right and in control. If he can let go of these rigid ways of thinking he will set himself free and become a different person altogether.
It’s is a lot for one lunation but I am not surprised this card has comes up for me (again). If I will be able to only touch the surface of this card during the next four weeks I will be thankful and content. Habitual patterns created over many years are usually not discarded in a few weeks.

Affirmation: “I will let go of my need to be in control all the time and realize that life will present itself moment by moment”

10 comments:

  1. I always want to shout in the Hanged Mans deaf ears "get over yourself!". Would that someone would shout the same to me...I revolve around the world, not the world around me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol he is kind of a navel gazer :)
      Sometimes looking within is good so we can free ourselves from the hanging tree

      Delete
  2. This card makes me think of the sacrifice of my ego - the part of me that wants to have things done my way and on my timetable! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In many cases I really appreciate my ego but often it can also be a pain in the * ☺

      Delete
  3. I just can relate to the Hanged Man, no matter how he is portrayed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! He helps me accept what is and to try to change my often self defating way of looking at things

      Delete
  4. The thing I notice most with this Hanged Man is the nails through his hands and foot. He is being actively stopped from taking action and moving. It's so easy to stay 'busy', yet so nourishing to really stop and allow that movement inward. Good luck with this lunation, Ellen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes staying busy is really a pitfall for me. It is my way of running away from myself. Thank you for you warm wishes Chloe :)

      Delete