Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Waterfall and Calendar - Tick tock, tick tock…

Today’s cards are Waterfall and Calendar from The Chronicles of Destiny Fortune Cards. 
Chronicles of Destiny Fortune Cards Waterfall Calendar

In our present society we are mostly ruled by the clock and our calendar. We make appointments and try to keep them. We implement routines and schedule our obligations until little white space is left on our to-do lists and in our diaries. This habit makes it even more important to plan some time for ourselves.  And not just ten minutes or  a spare hour somewhere between the dentist and  a meeting but I was thinking more about an evening, an entire day or a weekend; enough time to be able to just flow with the hours instead of keeping track of them on your watch. Together these cards emphasize the important of replenishing your soul on a deep level; to let ourselves be revitalized and healed thoroughly. Take enough time for yourself . You are so worth it. The Calendar card reminds us there is a big difference between a morning shower and a bath by candlelight.

12 comments:

  1. All I have to do is sit in meditation to see how true your words are. My mind instantly starts planning and thinking of things I need to take care of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi Same here. Sometimes it is if I am afraid to be in my own company so I keep thinking of things to do :)

      Delete
  2. It is challenging to quiet the mind, even with practice my mind chatters like a monkey, more often than not. Practice makes perfect is what they say. The pages of my calendars are changing rapidly as I get a bit older. So your cards advice to take enough time is sage advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really taking some time off, unpluggign our phone, embracing the silence: it can do wonders for our soul

      Delete
  3. the idea of sitting in a bath winds me up tight as can be. Same with eating courses. I got things to do, get this cart on the road :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. We used to have a bath but now we only have a shower and I don't miss it at all ( same reason!)

      Delete
  4. The cards always keep us on track, :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I hope you managed to take the weekend off to let your soul be cleansed, Ellen! Mostly, I'm getting a bit better at slowing down, but this weekend not so much. I had too much physical cleaning to do, to focus on emotional cleansing :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that physical cleaning can work magic for our emotinal self as well
      As a matter of fact I am taking more time to myself as I am not feeling quite well lately. Nothign too serious and what some selfcare can't handle. I hope to be back soon

      Delete
  6. This is very beautiful, and very relevant! I was just talking to my husband the other day about how with three kids it is very challenging to carve out any time at all when we're not focused on them in some way or another. Once in a while it is so important to make some time for myself, even just an hour of down time to refresh and replenish my head space. I like how this woman in the waterfall card is splayed out, quiet, eyes closed as if lost in the sound of the falls. Ahhhhh......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the belated response Olivia. Yes carving out time for ourselves is extremely important. I have been taking some time to refill my well. It feels good and is much needed

      Delete