Thursday, April 6, 2017

The Hermit - Shine your light over me

Original Rider Waite Tarot The HermitThere is this wonderful website, “Willows East”  created by Gretchen Pearl with a section called “First light”.
Each morning you can find there a question to use for your daily draw. This morning the question is: “what is one change I can make in my daily life?” And I got….. (drumroll)….. The Hermit from the Original Rider Waite Tarot! It always makes me so happy when he comes up. He has such a warm and kind energy and as you all know I find it very easy,  maybe sometimes too easy, to relate to this archetype.
He is all about taking time for  ourselves and  turning inward. And that is something entirely different than playing games on my tablet. Checking IG for new pictures, surfing the internet etc. No, the lantern of this Hermit is absolutely not a symbol for tablets and smart phones, how tempting it might be to think so. The Hermit asks us to really be with ourselves without any distractions. This can be difficult because often when we are silent and all alone, our inner voices begin to whisper things we rather not  hear. The Hermit asks  us to sit with what is and whatever comes up and to shine our gentle light of compassion over it.

10 comments:

  1. What an awesome way to find a focus for your daily draw. :) Your Hermit with his lamp reminds me of a quote by Edith Wharton:
    “There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks for that quote Bev, I love it! This allows us to breath and pause and just be

      Delete
  2. The Hermit has shared her/his wisdom with you. Being centered and at peace with oneself cast a light that others are drawn to.
    I like the quote above by Edith Wharton.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully not too many people at once, because that doesn't fit my Hermit way of living :D

      Delete
  3. hermit to your hearts content...http://www.albideuter.de/html/eremit.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! Thank you so much for this link :D

      Delete
    2. Sharyn - great link I'm in hermit heaven.

      Ellen - thanks for sharing willows east - will try it...

      Delete
  4. A little Hermit time can be so necessary! Even taking the time to do your draw and reflect on it... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can find some for yourself too Chloe!

      Delete