Thursday, December 1, 2016

King of Cups – The perfect ally for this season

For this new moon I drew the King of Cups from the Morgan Greer tarot in the Embrace position. 
Morgan Greer Tarot King of Cups King of Swords
I am not a huge fan of the King cards in general but for me this one is the most easy to relate to. He is kind and wise, he is compassionate and tolerant and he is intuitive and artistic. So what is not to like about this King. Since he has come up in the embrace position I want to emphasize his  positive traits over his more challenging ones. What I love most about him is his emotional stability and great involvement  in the lives of his people and the way he offers them advice and guidance in times of need. He also teaches me not only to give advice but also to be open to receive advice from others. Ask M, because she knows how difficult it can be to tell me to slow down and rest more.
He is also a peacemaker which can be quite a useful  energy to identify with during the holidays. Together with his other aspects he is the perfect one to have around this season. And maybe this stretches a bit too far for some of us but he does remind me a bit of  Jesus himself.

So what could be a good way to manifest his energy today! and I got the (don’t laugh) the King of Swords. This card will remind me to keep a balance between my heart and my head. Embodying the king of Cups could perhaps lead to improvident actions. I supposes the clear mindedness of the King of Swords will protect me from becoming overly involved or too compassionate and he will make sure that my personal boundaries are guarded at all times. I am sure these two kings will have a lot to talk about.

8 comments:

  1. well said. life is ALL about balance and it is the first thing we discard

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pair of Kings. A good bet for the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed! And hopefully for the rest of the month :)

      Delete
  3. I don't think I've ever noticed that the MG King of Swords was holding a sheaf of grain with his sword. That is a good reminder (for me) to make sure my thoughts and words produce something beneficial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me too Bev! And also to remind myself if the other person is actually listening to what I have to say (accepting my grain as a gift)

      Delete
  4. I like the idea of the King of Swords protecting the King of Cups' boundaries :) And yes, keeping a little emotional perspective during the holidays defintiely sounds like a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the king of Cups will like that too :)
      Patience and compassion are two qualities I need to remind myself of for the Holidays.

      Delete