Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Nine of Wands - Watch over me

For today I have drawn the Nine of Wands from my far too long neglected Shadowscapes Tarot.
We see a row of sentinels at the edge of the world where every evening the sun goes down and unknown enemies come crawling out of the abyss to hide in the  shadows, waiting….

One of the keywords for this cards is vigilance. Be prepared for whatever might happen. It speaks to me about living in fear of eventualities which may never happen or are very unlikely to happen. After some traumatic events a long time ago, I've lived like this for many years. Afraid of the outside world and anyone who might harm me or my children. Now, when I look back nobody was out to get me, nobody followed us in the shadows. Maybe because I have been such a watchful guard but probable because nothing threatening was out there. I feel sorry for this fearful woman who is still around but gradually less prominent.  Maybe I could try to see these sentinels as our guardian angels and trust we are watched over by the Divine. That would suit me quite well since I am going to visit my mother for a couple of days and traveling is for me still quite an undertaking.

11 comments:

  1. "I must keep calm and unmoved by the vicissitudes of life. I must go back into the silence of communion with my Higher Power to recover this calm when I lose it even for a moment". This is what I read this morning in my daily reading of 'Look To This Day Twenty Four Hours a Day for Everyone.'
    Coinkydink? I think Not! Don't you love that word viccissitudes! Dang those vicissitudes! I know I'm crazy! :)

    Hope you have a lovely visit with your mum Ellen. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine!
      Lets be crazy together:I love both vicissitudes and coinkydink! :)

      Delete
  2. A hug to you as you travel out of your comfort zone, Ellen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, trust in the divine, that both you and your girls will be watched over. While it won't stop anything bad from ever happening, I do believe that it is a healthier approach to take. Fear kills us day by day! Wishing you a lovely trip to see your mother :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Kerry!
      I don't believe either it will stop bad things from happening but I do believe it will help me get through them
      "I can't stop the rain
      From falling down on you again
      I can't stop the rain
      But I will hold you 'til it goes away"

      Delete
  4. Preparation and alertness are good qualities to have if you can keep the paranoia at bay. Let the past stay in the past if you can, and enjoy the all the wonder and good around you now. May you have a lovely, relaxed visit with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha I think paranoia was my middle name back then. I am more than willing to let go of this sad story and to move forward, even if it is just by visiting my mother for a few days. I am so happy to see her again.:D

      Delete
    2. Ha ha I think paranoia was my middle name back then. I am more than willing to let go of this sad story and to move forward, even if it is just by visiting my mother for a few days. I am so happy to see her again.:D

      Delete