Friday, December 5, 2014

The Lord – Asking for help is so difficult

Druidcraft tarot The Lord Will Worthinton
Today’s card is The Lord  (The Emperor) from the Druidcraft Tarot. This card represents the archetypal father, the divine parent, masculinity, fertility, structure and leadership. The eagle in the sky symbolizes his clarity and his ability to analyze any problem. He is also the representation of God on Earth. After my latest card (the seven of Wands, it feels like he is coming to my aid. So today I see him predominantly as a representation of my Divine Parent, who wants to help me to set some clear boundaries and to bring more structure into my life.  All for the purpose of protecting me mentally and physically. Lately I am getting more and more problems with my neck and I am very worried this will result in a hernia again. (the fourth one) Tomorrow I am going to  see the doctor. It was M who took that part of The Lord in this for she insisted to make an appointment. Usually I tend to wait far too long before I admit I need help. This is true for every area of my life. It is so hard for me to ask. But we do have to ask before we will receive. This is true for mundane as well as for spiritual matters. We have to ask for help  and guidance in order to be open enough to receive it.
"Ask for help not because you are weak, but because you want to remain strong." Les Brown

PS. This afternoon I've been to the doctor and she gave me some painkillers and the advise to take it easy and rest regularly. And of course to ask for help. For now I will have to stop blogging for a while because sitting behind my laptop isn't that comfortable.
I hope to be back very soon

14 comments:

  1. You'll be missed, but I'm glad you're choosing to look after your health!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your neck is feeling better soon my dear!

    Hmmm well that's it! I have to call my doctor to make an appointment for my neck! I'm sure sitting in front of the computer is not a good thing over a period of time, but I am afraid it may be something else and this is why I have been avoiding going. I'm a chicken and am good at leaving things till the last minute too Ellen.
    We put up with a lot of crap from ourselves and won't from others when it comes us expecting and wanting them to take care of their health.

    Any way your post is very timely for me and thank you for the push...calling my doctor now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy your are making this a priority now. I hope it is nothing serious though.
      Hugs

      Delete
  3. Well good Lord! The Emperor keeps coming up for me lately and today especially as I work on my numerology for the coming year - 4, the Emperor. Messages coming from all sorts of places today. Thank you for sharing this and I hope you are pain free and well rested soon. Blessings, D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and your kind wishes

      Delete
  4. Wishing you better, Ellen, and sending lots of healing juju x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ellen! I enjoy your lovely posts!... but health is first! I hope you are well. Send you a kiss my dear friend and a lot of healing Muchas Estrellas!!!!! Be back soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you've been in pain, Ellen! Still, I'm glad M took care of you, even if in a slightly authoritarian Lord way :) Big hugs and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kerry. Still not feeling better, so this will be a challenge to practice my patience :)

      Delete
  7. I'm sorry to hear you're not well, and I send you many well wishes, dear Ellen!!! You are a bright light in this blogging world and will be missed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for you kind wishes Olivia. I miss everybody too

      Delete