Monday, November 25, 2013

Rainbow - Count your blessings and your strengths

Earth Magic Oracle Cards
My card for today comes from the Earth Magic Oracle Cards and is called: Rainbow – Blessings. This is a “sigh card” for me. It gives me a sense of calm because its message is a gentle one. This card it all about counting your blessings. Something I am inclined to forget when I need it the most; in times of trouble. It’s so easy to be grateful when everything is going your way. But when storms are raging through my life, I have to admit I don’t write in my gratitude journal. J
The storm has passed, and it is time to enjoy the refreshing beauty of this cycle, even though it has been difficult to appreciate any sense of purposefulness in what you have endured lately. You can now, as they say, count your blessings. Do not just look at the “brighter side” adhering to some academic mantra that has no heart or depth, but do so slowly and with genuine gratitude that is expressed up close and personal.”
For me this is certainly true. I am happy to say, things are settling down again.
Today I want to focus on gratitude with a slight deviation.
 I've recently read a beautiful post from Kelley Ann (The four Queens): “connecting with your personal power”. Among others she gives us the advice to make a list of “our strengths and attributes. Where have you shown them? When did you put them into action? As you search your life for traces of your qualities and abilities, you'll find them hidden in long forgotten corners and in places you never even thought to look. When you see them, stop for a moment and acknowledge them, appreciate them and vow to pay attention to them in future.”
Since I'm rather forgetful, I think it will be an empowering  experience to make such a list. And I'm certain this will make me so grateful for everything I've achieved in my life and at the same time it will make me so proud of myself. Perhaps it is especially affirming to write about this before the stressful events around the holidays so you will know your own strengths and be able to recollect those memories when you need them the most.

10 comments:

  1. I too tend to forget to count my blessings until a storm has passed. Like having a migraine then suddenly having it ease off. As far as strengths and attributes go, I need to make a list of hard times and how I came through them intact (and wiser), so when I go through another bad time I can remember, "I can do this!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been working on my list of and on and I am surprised by the things I've remembered so far, so I would suggest you give it a try too. It is also a nice thing to do

      Delete
  2. I like very much your post, it is for reflection and meditation, it reminds me that we have to be grateful for all we have. I love this oracle. Muchas Estrellas!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this deck has beautiful cards. sometime sit is so easy to forget what you 're grateful for :)

      Delete
  3. That's a beautiful card! Rainbows have special meaning for me, and I always smile when I see them. (Well, who doesn't, right? lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. Rainbows represent often hope and new beginning s for me :)

      Delete
  4. I like that idea of listing your strengths and attributes, and giving thanks for them :) Beautiful post, Ellen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerry, but all the credits for this idea goes to Kelley Ann
      Making this list has really opened my eyes.

      Delete
  5. Great idea. I need to start a personal journal with exercises like this in it. I mean, I have been doing affirmations using my name followed by positive attributes I have or want to own, and then affirm that several times a day, but there is some extra power in writing things down in a journal. Plus it makes it easier to remember later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Journaling is almost magical, when you use it for these kind of things. I couldn't live without it Lately I have a little book where I write my goals, affirmations intentions and wishes etc. I've written about in "My Cheatsheet for life"post.

      Delete