Sunday, November 24, 2013

My free flow drawing of “Widekind”

For today I’ll work some more with the energies of the two cards I've drawn yesterday: Penelope Dreamweaver and The Blasted Oak. But first things first and I want to share my experiences I’I've had yesterday after I’d published my blog-post.


For me, leaving the safety of the oak and taking a risk to fall on my bare buttocks on the earth has often to do with expressing myself freely without being afraid of the reaction of others and my own inner critic. Mostly when I think about creativity I’m inclined to narrow it down to drawing and painting. Yesterday though, I've had a lovely comment from Sycomoretreewho reminded me that this blog was an creative expression too. This was a an eye-opener for me, because I usually don’t consider my writing as creative and I like to explore this further later on. 
For today it’s back to drawing again. Yesterday, I've started drawing in in a bound sketchbook, which means that whatever the result is it stays  in the book. This may seem insignificant, but for me it’s a huge step from drawing on loose disposable sheets of paper which can be thrown away at any moment. (even after it’s finished)
Also I’ve made a drawing since a very long time, without an example and without knowing what I was going to draw. I just started with some lines, which became leaves and suddenly I found a spot for a little face. After the drawing was finished I took my colored pencils and gave this little forest child “Widekind” some color. I see in her my own shyness, just peeking to the world from under her leaves…
And last but not least I’ve posted her here for everybody to see J

12 comments:

  1. I have feeling the world will be a much richer place with that face peeking out... :)
    Such a sweet, lovely drawing - thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy your blog - and completely relate to what you're saying about using disposable paper for artwork! I do that all the time... you've inspired me to make a change ; ) What a charming drawing, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol, thanks and welcome! I'm glad you like my blog
      It's so different to draw in a book. Today I felt to tired to draw but he there is always tomorrow.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful, Ellen. Such a sweet innocent look to her. You will fill the sketchbook. And indeed, Sycamoretree is correct when saying your blog is creative. Oh yes. It is. xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol you are such a dear! I am definitely feeling a change in my perspective and am enjoying my drawing more

      Delete
  4. I can see that all the passion and creative energy you have deep inside is starting to come out to play. I love it! Keep sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olivia! Yes there is certainly a little Ellen inside who is very happy lately

      Delete
  5. Hi Ellen!!!! BEAUTIFUUUUUUULLLL!!!!!! She's so tender!!!! Thank you very much for sharing your art with all of us. We want to see more!!!! :) Congratulations!!! and Muchas Estrellas!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is totally gorgeous, as are you, to share your creativity and inspiration with us :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What can I say but thanks and hugs for you my dear friend

      Delete