Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Journey – Stop running and enjoy the scenery

MagicalTimes Empowerment cards Journey Jody Bergsma blog Blogger
Today’s card is "Journey" from the Magical Empowerment cards by Jody Bergsma. I needed a kind, gentle and uplifting message today, so I was very pleased this deck was still in my collection. It has been on my “decks to let go” list but somehow I find it very difficult to part with decks which have supported me throughout various phases of my life. So I keep them in a box for when I want to revisit with them again. And in that box, I found this deck …

The message of the card is to focus on how far we have come instead of how far we still have to go. Everything we have experienced up until this moment has brought us to where we are right now. Looking back on my life I consider this one h*ll of an accomplishment. But frankly, I never pay much attention to this feat.  I’d rather make to-do lists, research ways to improve myself, try to fix other people’s problems, run my daily life and move forward. But life has its own way of saying "enough!": Sometimes by sending you the flu or in my case dumping too much on my plate. 
So for today, I will keep myself from running towards the finish line and take some time to be proud of myself and to be in this moment, on this day and frankly, without expecting anything, it has become a good day, a very good day....

12 comments:

  1. I've never gotten much juice from reviewing past accomplishments. It is the forward view that actually keeps me moving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is but sometimes when life is more challenging than usual it give me comfort to realize how far I have come already

      Delete
  2. I instinctively look forward almost all the time, but have found value and nourishment in taking the occasional brief look back at how far I’ve come as part of my self care: showing compassion and kindness to myself. No one knows better than I just how much gutsiness it took to get here, now. I hear you����✨��✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just how much it took FOR ME to be here, now. I assume almost everyone has dramatic stories to tell but that we can never truly know and understand just how much another has struggled. So, for it to be really meaningful, we have to pat ourselves on the back. Also, apologies for trying to use cryptic emojis. They were supposed to be namaste hands and hearts.

      Delete
    2. "Showing compassion and kindness to myself."That is something I seem to forget so often. Yes, I agree, we are the only ones to really grasp what we've been through so it is up to us to give us the comfort and love we deserve and need.
      Thanks you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts about this post.
      P.S. Hearts and namaste hands are always welcome Cathie

      Delete
  3. Life is a classroom, a journey, an adventure. Don't look back we have already been there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the same way that history teaches us many valuable lessons, our own past can do the same as well

      Delete
  4. I think a personal inventory is a good thing; it makes us aware of our strengths and weaknesses. But I also believe in 'progress not perfection!'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That last phrase is one for me to remember, being an unsurpassed perfectionist myself.

      Delete
  5. I do this too. The instant one thing is accomplished it's on to the next and the next...

    Lately though I've been thinking our work, our homes, ourselves are never 'finished' and taking time to be in the moment and celebrate successes along the way is healthy. Pausing can also help us to be more intentional so we pursue things that actually matter rather than 'busyness' for its own sake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When living our life feels like ticking of boxes there is definitely something missing. Finding out what really matters and what makes us truly happy will make a huge difference (I hope)

      Delete
  6. It is indeed a lot more common for us to focus on what we still need/want to do, and not recognize how far we've come. This is an excellent reminder. I often have the same feelings about various decks in my collection - and yet for some reason or another, even if I don't read with one very often, sometimes it hits the spot at just the right time, and so there it remains on the shelf!! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete