Tuesday, October 25, 2016

The Veil and Seven of Fire – Divination or Exploration?

From the Halloween Oracle I got The Veil – Future, which represents the” thinning of the veil” around the Festival of Samhain or Halloween. 
Halloween Oracle The VeilDreams of Gaia Tarot Seven of Fire
It is said that during this season it is the perfect time for divination and all things magical. Although I hardly ever use my cards for giving me a peek into my future, for this one time I asked a little hesitant: “What do I need to know about my future?” Because I can’t get enough of The dreams of Gaia Tarot, I pulled the Seven of Fire, from this deck.
Seeing this card made me  laugh a littly bit. This card is all about divination and using your intuition and I think it might be the Minor Arcana counterpart of ‘Intuition” from the  Influence cards of the Major Arcana. Since this is a Minor Arcana card I think this card mostly about how to put our intuition into our daily practice and how to develop this highly influential part of ourselves.  According to the guidebook listening to our intuition can be a completely internal process; you just “know” something or it can be triggered by external stimuli (like our cards). But both ways do depend on a large amount of trust in ourselves.
Today this card is encouraging me to listen to and trust in my inner voice and also to be aware of those little things which happen during the day and which give me a that tingly feeling of a meaningful coincidence.
Or maybe I got it all wrong and this card is telling I  will to get into the card reading business any time soon now.

12 comments:

  1. we are born with much intuition and hone it daily there on. I can picture us as movie zombies were it stripped from us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish intuition was more encouraged in our schools. Instead we teach our children to only to trust what can be seen and measured

      Delete
  2. I am with Sharyn we are born with it, but not appreciated or listen to, it becomes the stilled voice. Those little bitty nudges can turn into big insightful knowings if we just tune in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. But after so long ignoring it I think it is about time I gave it some heartfelt attention.

      Delete
  3. Does knowing the future (even intuitively) automatically change it? Once we know something, do we change our attitude and actions? Sorry... I'm in a weird head space today! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so weird to me at all. I think yo are so right. Or it is a self fulfilling prophecy or we do whatever we can to prevent it and every possible variation in between. the future is not set in stone but a result of everything we do right now

      Delete
  4. Ha!! I love this. Intuition is an amazingly beautiful tool to honor and hone. Though I suppose "honing" is less about our intuition becoming more "accurate" and more about our openness to perceiving it and heeding it. I ordered this deck (the Dreams of Gaia) but it won't arrive for a little while. I am enjoying seeing your posts with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate to your idea about what needs to be honed. I'm am sure you will love this deck so much. Since it has arrived I have been working with it all the time!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful cards. Funny how they both feature a long haired blonde woman. One has her eyes covered while the other is seeing clearly. Regardless of how you interpret it, it looks like good things are ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the similarity is striking and I am optimistic too :D

      Delete
  6. Lol to the becoming a professional card reader, Ellen! Not that you couldn't, just that I don't see that desire in you.

    Like The Wandering Magpie, I noticed the two blonde women. One has a red band over her eyes, while the other holds a snake, that also winds about her. In the future, if you let your intuition out more, you can transform those things that block you from seeing, making them work for you instead. The future holds potential, if you are willing to reach for it, not letting your fears block you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is definitely not one of my goals in life :)
      Yesterday evening I was writing about something that caused me a lot of anxiety but after writing it down and be reallyhonest about it (OMG that was scary) it felt like a weight was lifted from me. I think that writing can be a very transformational tool and it can also allow your intuition to flow freely

      Delete