Friday, July 31, 2015

Reflection - Illusion, Self-examination, Distortion

Today’s card is Reflection from The Gaia Oracle by Toni Salerno. I like that it fits perfectly with the full moon tonight. This card is all about looking around you and determine how your physical reality reflects your inner turmoil. Now this makes me chuckle. Cards can have a grim kind of humor too. While I am typing this, my back is really killing me. Somehow I must have done something stupid and I can’t remember what or when but it hurts like h*ll.  This prevents me from doing the things I love most, like writing and drawing etc. So this is the perfect time for reflection while I sit, lie down or walk sequentially for short periods of time.
“Observe your thoughts and feeling throughout the day and make a note of negative or unconstructive thoughts and feelings. This practice, over time, will in itself help heal and restore balance to your life.”
This card urges me not to just skim the surface but to be brave enough to go deeper and to journal about it but I will limit myself to short notes for now. So now I am going off for my stroll around the block to loosen up the muscles and do some "serious" reflecting!

“My heart is full of love and light
All is well in my world
I feel the peace within me and this creates peace around me
I observe all I think and feel
Each negative thought or feeling is automatically transformed to love” 

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card - and so appropriate for the blue moon tonight! You make a great point about not forgetting to check in with your body and listen to its wisdom too. I can get so caught up in my head about what I'm doing, I can totally ignore the signals it is trying to send me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Maybe if I had payed more attention it wouldn't have come to this. :)
      One benefit though, I have enough time on my hands to do nothing and learn how to relax in the moment.

      Delete
  2. not just full but Blue! and we All will see it. It is a small world after all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know it is almost as if we dance together under the Full Moon tonight :)

      Delete
  3. Once again, this deck is pretty neat! It's really beautiful - I remember when you blogged with it in the past and I had the same attraction to it, and this card is quite interesting and soothing. I'm sorry your back is hurting! I find I've been doing quite a lot of reflecting lately, myself, and far more journaling than tends to be normal for me! I think it's good to be expressive, even in these quiet ways :) I like your meditative poem, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I hope it will get better soon!
      I am so happy autumn is near. Reflection, turning inwards, journaling; all these things come so much more natural to me when the days are getting shorter again.
      (Oops The poetry came from the guidebook.:) )

      Delete
    2. Ha! Well then I like the author's meditative poem!! :) I am really looking forward to autumn as the days will eventually be slightly less hot and humid....though down here winter is more like a true northern Autumn. Still, I enjoy the season changes!

      Delete
  4. Hope your walk loosened your back up, and that you were able to enjoy the time of reflection, rather than focusing on what you couldn't do. The Blue Moon was amazing, so big and bright! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was beautiful and I loved the fact, as Sharyn mentioned, we were all gazing at the same blue moon that night
      I am happy to say my back is slowly getting better. I've even been riding my bike for short while today:)

      Delete
  5. So sorry you've had the back irritation Ellen. I had a herniated disc many years ago and was operated on. I went riding horses for two years a few years afterward, so there is life after back surgery for some of us thank goodness. Many people are afflicted with back pain and the simplest things can hurt. It is something we take for granted until it hurts!

    The Blue moon weekend was so wonderful with all my old girlfriends with free range swimming etc.

    I'm like you I love the Fall. The Spring too is beautiful.

    Take good care of your stomach muscles for your back! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily My back is a lot better now. I've been doing some exercise for my stomach too
      Fall is slowly getting nearer. Some of the leaves are turning brown. Finally!

      Delete