Thursday, June 9, 2016

Ace of Fire – Shedding our Skin

Gaian Tarot Ace of Fire
Today’s card is again the Ace of Fire from the Gaian Tarot. This card is becoming quite a regular in my daily draws. You can call it the Ace of Rods, Wands, Fire or whatever you like but  the essence of this Ace is still the same: a burst of creative energy. It is fiery and it can vary from tickling to sometimes even scorching but it is always an intense call to wake up and imbue our life with passion.
The snake in this depiction is a symbol of transformation which is very apt because when we embrace our creative passion nothing will ever be the same again. Creativity  and transformation are innate and nothing to be afraid of. Just like the snake is not afraid to shed it skin when he has outgrown it.
When I asked where I should focus this energy on today, I pulled the Three of Earth. 
Gaian Tarot Three of EarthThree women are working together in the kitchen. Not my favorite place to be since I don’t enjoy cooking and such that much lately. The card highlights the benefits of community. Well that is not a first too, since I’ve been getting also regular messages to try to engage more socially (The Hermit in shadow position, Three of Wands as release card). 
Honestly this is starting to give me a bit of a gnawing feeling. I don’t have a community where I can share my interest and beliefs. And up until now I was very happy with my life as it was. I am The Hermit incarnated and I reather enjoy it. But now I get the feeling I am missing out on something and I don’t like that feeling at all.

So for now I am going to try to embrace the Ace of fire’s energy and maybe that will be the key to become more socially involved. If not, that will be okay for me too. And no, I am not going to sign up for a cooking class J

12 comments:

  1. I'm the same way. I'm very much a hermit going through life. I have always been fine with that, but there are still times I wish I had a social group to enjoy the company of. Much luck in your search for something to involve yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We/I am part of your community. We get together and share on these forums. Like the women in the 3 of Earth, we share our readings and interpretations of the card, a kind of alchemy of viewpoints. You are a gifted artist. Teach a summer school program, display in a local art fair, do a hour painting class at the local library. Everywhere in every community they have something that you can join in and just see if it works. Blessed Be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very grateful for the online communities. The difficult part of joining local communities is that I am scared to get hurt (again)

      Delete
    2. Yes I understand and I feel the same fear especially in bad weather. Sometimes I get lonely but mostly bored with my own company, so I have to try. This weekend there is a small art fair at a local church and I volunteered to help at a booth that does some easy painting for the kids while parents peruse and have a look see. I don't draw/paint, but I am going to do it for 2 hours on Sunday. Never know, one thing leads to another. I keep trying different little things and you can too.

      Delete
    3. Here's the thing I hardly ever feel lonely but I know it is good for a person to socialize. Your advice to start out with little things like small or one time events is very sound. Thank you for that

      Delete
  3. That group looks like they're making herbal teas and tinctures. Do they have book clubs in your area? That might be one of those places where you could share as little or as much of yourself as you want. I also thought of how Sharyn used to do that online quilting challenge every year. It was a group of people who separately did their own thing, but gathered online to discuss it. That Ace of Fire makes it clear that you should choose something you're passionate about (and that wouldn't be cooking for me either!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha we have something in common again :D
      Like I said to Carolyn, I might check the local papers for small, one time events to get out of the house and meet new people

      Delete
  4. Ha, I know how you feel. I am pretty Hermity, too. It sounds like you're on to some good ideas, though, with looking for one-time classes. I did that a couple of years ago and it was nice to find an outlet. You have a lot to offer and I bet there are some in your area who would benefit from your wisdom and thoughtfulness (outside of the blogging community, that is) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for you kind words Olivia. A lot of people I came to know online are quite Hermity :D
      I do hope I will find some oppertunities to get out some more

      Delete
  5. Actually, when I saw that card, the first thing I thought of was your family. And, of course as the others say, you have a community right here. :) I'm also a loner. If I didn't have a day job, lol, I would be even more secluded. Community and socializing is important, but that outlet can be much closer to home than some realize. I feel you though, I often have mixed feelings, knowing I need to socialize more, yet feeling just fine going it alone. Cooking classes, he-he, that actually sounds fun, if there was a companion to drag along with you, even more fun. But, that doesn't mean I'm jumping on such a band wagon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my family is my anchor. Especially now my daughters are both grown up now we do a lot of fun stuff together. It is slippery slope between enjoying solitude and feeling lonely. :)

      Delete