Saturday, March 31, 2018

Eight of Earth - Follow Through

Today’s cards are Eight of Earth from the Gaian Tarot and “Follow through” from the Sacred Creators Oracle.

I love how the father and his daughter are holding each other’s gaze while drumming the same rhythm. It’s hard to say who is leading and who is following. They probably take turns depending on what feels right in the moment. I sincerely believe that is what parenting is all about. Especially now, while I am entering the autumn of my life, I am still called upon as a parent to set the tempo and the rhythm for a while but also I have to be very mindful of the moment when I have to let my daughters take over again. It is hard but also very rewarding to follow their rhythm, because they both have become such talented drummers.  I know I will never stop drumming with them and I will always pay close attention if one of them is changing their beat...

11 comments:

  1. Parenting is tough and such a fine line to walk, especially as our kids age. We want to teach them, but then we have to give them plenty of room to try things on their own (with the space to make mistakes and hopefully learn from them). It is hard to override the instinct to step in and protect, but then they would never make progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's indeed hard; maybe even harder than when they were younger. But I do love to witness how they are maturing into two beautiful women (including their ups and downs) :)

      Delete
  2. loving And thoughtful parents who can instill the notion consequences are the gold of the world

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and I like to think I am a lttle nugget too ☺

      Delete
  3. I did not have children, but I know this; even though they are grown up a lot of them still want to know Mother is always there. Nudge, encouragement, hugs, or that look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All women are daughters, so we all feel that need to be loved and supported by our mothers.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful thoughts and words Ellen. God Bless Mothers!

    Your post makes me think of Kahlil Gibran and what he says about mothers. " Mother is everything in this life; she is consolation in the time of sorrowing and hope in the time of grieving, and power in the moments of weakness. She is the fountainhead of compassion, forbearance and forgiveness. He who loses his mother loses a bosom upon which he can rest his head, the hand that blesses and the eyes which watch over him. " - From The Broken Wings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing these beautiful words my dear.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful words on mothering. Thank you for sharing. It's sad that we all don't get to experience such a loving relationship. Some have to learn to thrive without the beat. But, I guess we just find our own music. :) Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily drumming isn't that hard. We can all find a way a to create a beautiful rhythm.

      Delete