Thursday, February 16, 2017

Uruz and Nine of Swords – About an Ox and a Demon

Anna K Tarot Nine of Swords Runes Uruz
Today’s rune is Uruz, (Aurochs, the European wild Ox) the rune of strength, courage and endurance. I must be using up  a lot of my strength, because I feel rather tired lately.  So I asked The Anna K tarot what it is that sucks up my energy so easily and I got  the Nine of Swords. It can’t get any more clear than this. I think mental fatigue is a form of exhaustion which is hard to replenish and a good night sleep (which in this case is hard to come by) is often not enough. We all know how tired we can be after a day's’ work in the garden but we also know the deep fulfillment we feel when the is job is done. Yes, maybe some aching muscles will remind us of our work but our energy will be restored at night. With this card the problem lies elsewhere. The continuous churning of the mind over everything which keeps us awake is consuming all of our energy. Often the nine swords represent anxiety, grief, regret, guilt and other demons who might keep us awake at night and prevent us from moving forward in life. And here comes Uruz into play. Even in dire situations like this we have to lift up our head and face each and every demon that haunts us. Naming them is the first step, then follows acknowledgement of the fact we are haunted by them, And then the most difficult part is not to fight them, which only makes them stronger, but to befriend them, get to know them and  find out what keeps them here. and eventually we will be able to set them free which will most certainly boost our energy levels. This kind of work needs a courageous mind and spiritual warrior attitude.  Yes, it is tiring and there is nothing to show for when the day is done. But in the end we will sleep better for it.

18 comments:

  1. I can relate to this. I have chronic insomnia managed with medication but for a few weeks last year my anxiety so bad I barely slept a wink. Your post conjured up an image of sitting up in bed chatting to a circle of hobgoblins...made me chuckle. I will try to remember that next time the sleep stealer comes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "chatting to a circle of hobgoblins" That makes it a lot more comical than having nine swords sticking your bed.

      Delete
  2. My body has decided I need only 3 to 4 hours of sleep a night, no matter what I try. Often it's isn't hobgoblins but hormones for me. I've decided I'm old enough to start taking naps if I need one. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could nap. Like Trivium I am using meds to sleep so my natural ability to sleep isn't what it used to be. Hopefully I can do without them one day.
      One thing about hormonal troubles: It won't last forever. (at least not for me)

      Delete
    2. About time I introduce myself - Laylah

      Delete
    3. Hi Laylah, nice to meet you. What a beautiful name you have! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow this card draw and imagery really is so clear. I love when that happens. I can relate to this type of tiredness. Really hits home. Great interpretation. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is good to know we are not alone when we are facing the demons who keep us awake at night :)

      Delete
  4. Well I sure hope you get the rest you need. I do not like those nights when the mind will not settle down. You can meditate, count sheep, count from a 1000 backward, and try warm milk or reading and the mind has a mind of its own. The wheel keeps turning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have discovered ASMR video's on YouTube. They are very relaxing and sleep inducing

      Delete
  5. I've been troubled with insomnia since pre-teens. Maybe I'll write about my best solution next time I get the 9 of swords. You would probably fall over laughing in scorn...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure I can relate with this card and sleepless nights,when it happens I get up and star journaling my thoughts,it really help me to get out of my mind and see what is really going on.Greetings from Mexico ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Journaling has always been a lifesaver for me. It is often comforting and always insightful

      Delete
  7. Sending chamomile vibes your way, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, I used to draw this card so often! With a daily meditation practice, my mind has become calmer, and I'm better at befriending those demons enough to sleep at night. Wishing you luck finding your own path to calm :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Chloe I hope will find some peace of mind very soon too

      Delete